This Week• New exhibit, opens June 19 at the Fort Mill History Museum. Presented in conjunction with the South Carolina Historical Society, “The Shaping of South Carolina” details the disputes, politics and science surrounding the state’s boundary lines from colonial times to the present. The exhibit features original maps from the collection of the South Carolina Historical Society and the Springs-Close Family Archives, as well as quotations concerning the science of surveying from noted surveyor and Revolutionary hero Gen. William Moultrie. For more information, call 803-802-3646 or email email@example.com.
• Allison Creek Bluegrass, closes its season June 19 with local Cabin Creek Bluegrass Band at Allison Creek Presbyterian Church on Highway 274 between Lake Wylie and Newport. Free. Doors open at 6 p.m. Food concessions go one sale at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome.
• If you are looking for entertainment, or an inexpensive meal, check out the Fort Mill VFW. June 20 is the Monthly Birthday Party, with a DJ starting at 7 p.m. On June 22, 3-5 p.m., get a Reuben sandwich with chips and dessert for $5. Both events are open to the public.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, will meet 7:30-10:20 p.m. June 20 in the Oak Room at Fort Mill Golf Course clubhouse, 101 Country Club Drive. There will be a free dance lesson from 7:30-8 p.m. Dressy casual. All adult ages and skill levels are welcome. Alcohol-free and non-alcoholic beverages provided. Guest admission $15 per couple, $7.50 for singles. For more information, call Bob at 803-329-5764 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
• See Lancaster LIVE!, the official kickoff of the Ag+Art Tour of Lancaster County is 5-9 p.m. June 20. The event begins with a self-guided downtown crawl featuring art studios and galleries, restaurants and specialty shops. Musicians, exhibits, demonstrations and culinary samplings are all free. At 7 p.m., the Java Band plays at 212 S. Main Street. Tickets to see the band are $10. For more information, go to catawbaagandarttour.com.
• Auditions, for the the Carolina Renaissance Festival are 9 a.m.-noon June 21 at Cannon School, 5801 Poplar Tent Road, Concord, N.C. The festival features outdoor theater, circus-style acts, arts and crafts, a jousting tournament and a feast. Amateur and professional street performers, role players, musicians, variety acts and dancers, all ages 13 and older, are needed. Prepared material, head shots and resumes are appreciated but not required. To schedule an audition, call 704-896-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Week• Drama camps, will be held at the Fort Mill Community Playhouse June 23-27 for fourth- to eighth-graders. Information and registration forms are at www.fortmillplayhouse.org.
Coming Soon• Auditions, for the Exalt Vocal Talent Showcase will be held on July 19 in Fort Mill. Email email@example.com for details.
Every Week• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, or $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To make a reservation, call 803-548-7252.
• The Fort Mill Farmers Market, is open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. every Saturday at the corner of Confederate and Monroe White streets.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Summer reading, for adults at Fort Mill Public Library. After reading or listening to three books, adults will be entered into drawings for prizes from local businesses. For details, visit www.yclibrary.org.