1994• The Fort Mill Rescue Squad was one of six emergency units that responded to the crash of US Airways Flight 1016 at Charlotte Douglas/International Airport.
• The New Peach Stand and its inventory were sold to the Springs Co. by Miller Coggins, who would continue as the general manager.
• Kim Chapman of Fort Mill and Bob Cullen of Tega Cay received the Paul Harris Fellow award from the Fort Mill Rotary Club.
• Crossings on Main, a gift store, opened at the corner of Academy Street and Railroad Avenue. Cathie Smith and Gail Lavender were co-owners.
1974• It was entirely possible that Fort Mill’s long-discussed municipal complex would not be erected, as bids came in much higher than expected.
• Former Fort Mill resident, Sammie Potts, was appointed as principal of the Amherst, MA Regional High School.
• Tommy Gaither, a Fort Mill native, was hired by Clemson University basketball coach Tates Locke as a graduate assistant coach.
• Navy Lieutenant Junior Grade Bruce E. Curtin departed NAS Brunswick, Maine, for five months deployment to Rota, Spain.
1954• Fort Mill passed its sixth full year, a total of 2,191 days, without a traffic death of any kind.
• Members of the Fort Mill High School graduating class of 1954 and their chaperones were pictured on the front lawn of the United States Capitol Building.
1934• Walter M. Epps, acting police chief of Fort Mill for the past two months, was elected to fill the position permanently.
• Fort Mill Town Council requested Main Street businesses to leave Main Street parking for customers and visitors.
• It seemed that Fort Mill’s Main Street would be extended several blocks farther east in the near future.
Compiled by Chip Heemsoth, a lifelong resident of Fort Mill.