This Week• Ultimate Frisbee, 6:30 to 9 p.m. July 16 at Tega Cay Baptist Church, 1875 Gold Hill Road. Everyone is welcome. Call 548-2600.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, will meet 7:30-10:20 p.m. July 18 in the Oak Room at Fort Mill Golf Course Club House, 101 Country Club Drive. A free dance lesson will be from 7:30-8 p.m. Dressy casual; red, white, and blue dress encouraged. All adult ages and skill levels are welcome. Guest admission $15 per couple, $7.50 for singles. For more information, call Bob at 803-329-5764 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Auditions, for the Exalt Vocal Talent Showcase will be held on July 19 in Fort Mill. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• A Double Spirit Night for the Children’s Organ Transplant Association COTA in honor of Jordan Diggs, a Chester-area teen who needs a kidney transplant, will be 5 p.m. to closing July 17 at SweetFrog, 572 John Ross Parkway, and Fuel Pizza, 1910 Cinema Drive. The Rock Hill restaurants will donate 10 percent of the night’s proceeds to help with expenses.
• Bike Run and Family Day, sponsored by Cox Harley Davidson to raise money for Safe Passage, will be 10 a.m.-3 p.m. July 19. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The ride begins and ends at Cox. Cost is $25 per rider and $10 per passenger. Food and T-shirt provided for riders.
• Dragons & Dreams, 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. July 22 at the Fort Mill Library. Learn about the science of fire and ice presented by the Sciencetellers, using experiments of flash paper, exploding bottles, dry ice, and more. Recommended for first- to fifth-graders.
Next Week• Mad Scientist Party, 5-6:30 p.m. July 24 at at the Fort Mill Library. Rising sixth- to 12th-graders will perform cool experiments using items found in the kitchen. Participants should wear old clothes. Call 547-4114 to register.
• History of Winthrop University, a program by the York County Genealogical & Historical Society 9 a.m. July 26 in the the Little Chapel at Winthrop University in Rock Hill.
• Lew-E’s Reading Explosion, 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. July 29 at the Fort Mill Library. Lee Andrews Productions and Professor Lew-E will use volunteers from the audience to form a cloud and make it snow inside. Recommended for first- to fifth-graders.
Coming Soon• Live music, Matt Stratford, 7 p.m. Aug. 16, at Runde Park in Tega Cay. Free. No dogs or BYOB. Concessions for sale. For more information, go to tegacaysc.org.
Every Week• New exhibit, now open at the Fort Mill History Museum. Presented in conjunction with the South Carolina Historical Society, “The Shaping of South Carolina” details the disputes, politics and science surrounding the state’s boundary lines from colonial times to the present. The exhibit features original maps from the collection of the South Carolina Historical Society and the Springs-Close Family Archives, as well as quotations concerning the science of surveying from noted surveyor and Revolutionary hero Gen. William Moultrie. For more information, call 803-802-3646 or email email@example.com.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, or $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To make a reservation, call 803-548-7252.
• The Fort Mill Farmers Market, is open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. every Saturday at the corner of Confederate and Monroe White streets.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Webb Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Summer reading, for adults at Fort Mill Public Library. After reading or listening to three books, adults will be entered into drawings for prizes from local businesses. For details, visit www.yclibrary.org.