1994• Boy Scout Troop 108 of Fort Mill celebrated its 50th birthday at Andrew Jackson State Park in Lancaster County.
• Fort Mill coach Steve Boyd and Indian Land coach Mike Pope welcomed their respective squads on the first day of football practice.
• A 16-year-old boy was shot in the stomach at close range with a 12-gauge shotgun at a home in Tega Cay. An 18-year-old was charged in the shooting.
• Joe Bonds was named Outstanding Superintendent and Terry Holiday was named Outstanding Tech Prep Principal by the South Carolina Department of Education.
This edition of The Times is missing.
1954• Coach Pete Reynolds announced that the Fort Mill High School football team would hold its preseason training camp at Myrtle Beach Air Force Base.
• Fort Mill’s School Board of Trustees voted to spend $319,000 for an extensive building program at George Fish School.
• P. K. Sullivan, faithful employee of mill No. 1, Springs Cotton Mills, died suddenly at his home.
1914• Otis Hilton, grandson of night policeman N.P. Johnston, was shot and seriously wounded by W. F. Johnston, his second cousin.
• A force of men was engaged in erecting the 100,000 gallon water tank on the hilltop on Massey Street.
Compiled by Chip Heemsoth, a lifelong resident of Fort Mill.