This Week• Auditions, the York County Choral Society and Chamber Singers will hold auditions 6-7 p.m. Aug. 28 in the choir room at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1220 India Hook Road, Rock Hill. Information: 803-323-2250 or 704-591-5147.
• The Jazz Ambassadors, will perform at the Clover School District Auditorium 8 p.m. Aug. 29. Admission is free, but tickets are required by calling 803-222-8010.
Next Week• Chonda Pierce, the Queen of Clean Comedy, brings her music and wit to Rock Hill Sept. 4 for a Hospice fundraiser at First Baptist Church on Hood Center Drive. The evening will feature dessert and coffee. For tickets, go to HospiceCommunityCare.org or call 803-329-1500.
• Play for Dravet Bunco night, 7-10 p.m. Sep. 4 at Baxter Village Hall, 5729 Morris Hunt Drive in Fort Mill. Entry fee of $20 will benefit the Dravet Syndrome Foundation. For more information, go to dayfordravet.org or braxtonsweb.com or call 704-965-5215.
• Children’s Consignment Sale, Sept. 4-6 at Harrison United Methodist Church, 15008 Lancaster Highway, Pineville, N.C. Deals on gently used clothing for newborns, juniors and teens, maternity clothing, baby equipment, bedding, toys, children’s furniture, cribs, strollers, car seats and more. To consign or for more information, go to humcfaithcircle.org or email email@example.com.
• Library Book Sale, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sept. 6 at the Del Webb library, 7641 Charlotte Highway, Indian Land. The Used Book Room will feature BOGO. Cash only sale.
• Fort Mill VFW monthly cookout, 6 p.m. Sept. 6, at the Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Everyone is invited to enjoy barbecue sandwiches, potato salad, coleslaw and beans. $6 a plate. A DJ will provide entertainment.
• Old-Time Music Jam and ice cream social, 1-5 p.m. Sept. 6 hosted by the Charlotte Folk Society at the Hezekiah Alexander Homesite, 3500 Shamrock Drive, in east Charlotte. For more information, go to folksociety.org or call Wanda Hubicki at 704-563-7080.
• The third annual Butts & Bluegrass, barbecue festival 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sept. 6 at Clover Community Park, 256 Community Park Drive. Fun includes a motorcycle show, 5K run, craft show, kids corner, cake walk and more. Tickets are $10, adults; $5, ages 6-12, free, age 5 and younger. Bring a nonperishable food item to donate for a $1 discount. For information, call Lisa Thornburg at 704-214-2892.
• Metabolic Makeover, sign up for the Fort Mill YMCA’s comprehensive 12-week small group health and wellness program that includes weekly workouts, full fitness assessments, body composition analysis and nutritional guidance. The program starts Sept. 8. All sessions are led by nationally certified personal trainers. For more information, call 803-548-8892 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming Soon• Book discussion and signing, Dr. Robert Chacon and Michael Scoggins, co-authors of “The Great Awakening and Southern Backcountry Revolutionaries,” will be at the Fort Hill History Museum 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sept. 13. For information, call 803-802-3646, email email@example.com or go to FortMillHistoryMuseum.org.
• Quilt Show, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 19-20, hosted by the York County Quilters Guild at 1965 Cinema Drive, Rock Hill. For more information, go to www.yorkcountyquilters.org.
• Community Walk, 10 a.m. Oct. 18, at First Baptist Church, 300 S. Market St., Lancaster. Proceeds will pay the cost of providing meals for 100 local homebound seniors. $10 to walk, $25 to walk and receive a T-shirt. To register or for more information, contact Sally Sherrinat 803-285-6956x23 or Sherrin@lancastercouncilonaging.org.
• Mom Prom, 8-11 p.m. Sept. 20, at Beacon Knoll Club House, 210 Pleasant Lake Club Drive, Fort Mill. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. Proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure for breast cancer.
Every Week• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, or $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To make a reservation, call 803-548-7252.
• The Fort Mill Farmers Market, is open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. every Saturday at the corner of Confederate and Monroe White streets.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
• Exhibit, now open at the Fort Mill History Museum. Presented in conjunction with the South Carolina Historical Society, “The Shaping of South Carolina” details the disputes, politics and science surrounding the state’s boundary lines from colonial times to the present. The exhibit features original maps from the collection of the South Carolina Historical Society and the Springs-Close Family Archives, as well as quotations concerning the science of surveying from noted surveyor and Revolutionary hero Gen. William Moultrie. For more information, call 803-802-3646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Webb Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email email@example.com.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Summer reading, for adults at Fort Mill Public Library. After reading or listening to three books, adults will be entered into drawings for prizes from local businesses. For details, visit www.yclibrary.org.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.