Lake Wylie Pilot

May 18, 2014 12:00 AM

Will Common Core dictate math and ELA curriculum?

Common Core supporters reject calling the standards “curriculum.” The standards are copyrighted (unchangeable), and they represent at least 85 percent of state standards. The remaining 15 percent flexibility to add content allows states to say they control the standards. This is like dictating that all new homes in America be built exactly the same and then letting homeowners add three family pictures to personalize it.

Related content



Editor's Choice Videos