Rock Hill man gets 10 years after pleading guilty to shooting 2 people
One of two suspects in a shooting at a Rock Hill home last year that injured two people was sentenced to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty Monday, according to the 16th Circuit Solicitor’s Office.
Daquece Agurs, 23, pleaded guilty to attempted armed robbery, first-degree assault and battery and pointing and presenting a firearm. A judge sentenced Agurs to 10 years in prison for the assault charge, five years on the pointing and presenting charge and time served on the attempted armed robbery charge, with the sentences running concurrently.
Agurs and another man were jailed in connection with a shooting at a home on East White Street in June 2014.
Police said the two men shot Brian Lagrant White and Shann Jamar Hood while inside White’s home. White, authorities said, was shot in the arm and taken to Piedmont Medical Center and later released. Hood was shot twice – once in the leg and once in the chest – and airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center where, a family member said at a bond hearing, he required “special surgery” to save his life.
Agurs’ co-defendant, Nasia Crosby, 19, remains in the York County detention center under $40,000 bond on charges of attempted murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
Teddy Kulmala: 803-329-4082, @teddy_kulmala
This story was originally published August 25, 2015 at 3:34 PM with the headline "Rock Hill man gets 10 years after pleading guilty to shooting 2 people."