• When: 2 p.m.
• Where: Winthrop Coliseum
• TV: None
• Radio: WRHI-FM (94.3), airtime 1:30 p.m.
Never miss a local story.
• Tickets: Winthrop Coliseum box office
• Winthrop probable starters: G Justin Burton 5-10 So. (5.7 ppg, 2.3 apg); G Andre Jones 6-1 Fr. (8.5 ppg, 2.8 rpg); C Chris Malcolm 6-7 Fr. (3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg); F Mantoris Robinson 6-5 Jr. (6.7 ppg, 5.4 rpg); F George Valentine 6-8 So. (4.2 ppg, 2.6 rpg).
• ASU probable starters: F Josh Hunter 6-6 Jr. (8.4 ppg, 7 rpg); C Isaac Butts 6-10 So. (9 ppg, 9 rpg); G Donterious Hughes 6-2 Fr. (4.5 ppg, 2.2 rpg); G Kellen Brand 6-1 Jr. (15.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg); G Marcus Wright 6-1 Fr. (3.4 ppg, 1.6 apg).
• Notes: This is Winthrop's fourth BracketBuster appearance. The Eagles are 2-1 in the event ... The Mountaineers are 8-10 in the Southern Conference and sitting in fourth in the North Division race ... Eagles are 7-9 in the Big South and tied for sixth in the league race ... App State is 3-0 vs. Winthrop, winning the last meeting 74-53 in 1998 ... Mountaineers, who will be playing their fourth game and third road game in a week, snapped a three-game losing streak with a 70-69 win at UNC Greensboro on Thursday ... Eagles have won two straight for only the second time this season ... Teams have played three common opponents -- Charlotte, Davidson and College of Charleston. App State beat Charlotte by three, lost to Davidson by 18 and to C of C by eight and four. Winthrop lost to Charlotte by 17, to Davidson by 27 and to C of C by one ... Eagles will travel to App State next year.
• Next up: Winthrop gets back to Big South play on Tuesday, hosting Charleston Southern at 7 p.m.