02/07/2009 1:01 AM
02/07/2009 1:10 AM
Georgia Bulldogs at South Carolina Gamecocks
• When: 5 p.m.
• Where: Colonial Life Arena, Columbia
• TV: FSN (Cable channel 29 in Rock Hill)
• Records: USC 16-5, 5-3 SEC; Georgia 9-13, 0-7
• Coaches: Darrin Horn (16-5 in first season at USC, 127-53 in six seasons overall); Pete Hermann (0-2 in first season at Georgia, 63-112 in seven seasons overall)
THREE THINGS TO WATCH
• Georgia interim coach Pete Hermann hasn't changed much since replacing Dennis Felton 10 days ago. The Bulldogs are mixing defenses a little more now, Horn said. But overall they're still a struggling group, having lost nine in a row, and by an average of more than 12 points.
• Horn's focus is almost always going to be defense, but especially so tonight. He felt his team gave up too many easy baskets against Florida, most of them open dunks and layups.
• The school has been promoting this as "Operation Sellout," and as of late Friday afternoon there were less than 100 tickets still available. Giveaways account for a large chunk of the total, however.
Join the Discussion
The Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.