Firefighters say a blaze that damaged a large industrial building in west Charlotte on Saturday night was accidental.
Fire spread from a polyester curing oven to surrounding structural components at Cumulus Fibres, 1101 Tar Heel Road, shortly after 9 p.m. No injuries were reported, and the fire caused about $150,000 in damage, the Charlotte Fire Department said.
Fire officials said the fire was in a warehouse at the textile plant, and it took about an hour to put out the fire. Staff and wire reports
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.