Serving the Bethel and Lake Wylie communities
Look for more information about opening day in next week's Lake Wylie Pilot.
• It's crunch time as we prepare for opening day. Volunteers and local contractors are asked to donate time and help with field grooming, installation of irrigation on the Crowders Creek field and turf care. Call (803) 389-8176.
• LWAA representatives will be going to Winston- Salem on Saturday for the Mid-South Regional meeting of Pop Warner. They will be attending the Regional General Meeting and sessions about football, cheerleading and scholastic requirements. We will have an information booth at opening day about the upcoming football season. Information and forms to register are available at lwsports.org.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
• Regular season game schedules are up on the LWAA Little League site. Go to eteamz.com/LWAA and click on your team to see the schedule.
• Volunteers are needed to help plan the golf tournament. Leave a message at (803) 831- 9298.
• LWAA is affiliated with York County Pop Warner. Pop Warner Little Scholars Inc. is a nonprofit organization that provides youth football and cheer and dance programs in 41 states and several countries worldwide. With about 360,000 children aged 5 to 16, PWLS is the largest youth football, and cheer and dance program in the country. Pop Warner was founded in 1929, continues to grow and serves as the only youth football, and cheerleading and dance organization that requires participants to maintain academic standards to participate. Pop Warner's commitment to academics is what separates the program from other youth sports.
As the only national youth sports organization that requires scholastic aptitude to participate, Pop Warner is committed to developing America's youth on and off the field.
Since 1929, the Pop Warner program's philosophy has been that athletics and scholastics go hand in hand. At every level, Pop Warner seek to develop well-rounded young men and women who learn not only the fundamentals of football, cheerleading and dance but also the importance of education in an atmosphere conducive to developing sound character while having a good time.
• Remember, opening day is April 12. We invite everyone in the community to come out for fun, food and great baseball. The event starts at 10 a.m. at Crowders Creek schools.