• Rising 7th- and 8th-graders interested in playing football for Rawlinson Road Middle School should come by the RRMS gym from 4-6 p.m. Aug. 6-7 for equipment pick-up. Practice is from 4-6 p.m. Aug. 8. Players must have a physical form and parent's permission form dated after April 1 in order to pick up equipment and participate.
• Seventh and 8th-grade volleyball tryouts at Rawlinson Road Middle School will begin from 4-5:30 p.m. Aug. 13. You must have a physical form and parent's permission form dated after April 1 in order to try out. Come dressed appropriately for tryouts. Forms may be picked up at RRMS or at www.schsl.org.
• South Pointe cross country practice will officially start at 7 a.m. Aug. 6. Summer run will continue at the Winthrop Lake daily at 7 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. For more information, contact Bob Jenkins at (803) 517-8947.
• South Pointe football (varsity and JV) will start workouts at 3 p.m. July 27. For more information, contact coach Bobby Carroll at (803) 980-2161.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• South Pointe football (9th grade) will start workouts at 6 p.m. July 30. For more information, contact coach Dwayne Hartsoe at (803) 980-2156.
• Any South Pointe girls interested in playing golf, contact the Athletic Department at (803) 980-2160.
• South Pointe swim team practice date and times will be announced soon. For more information, contact the Athletic Department at (803) 980-2160.
• South Pointe girls tennis will start practice at 10 a.m. Aug. 1. For more information, contact coach Lochocki at (803) 980-1239.
• South Pointe volleyball (varsity & JV) will officially start tryouts at 7 p.m. July 27. For more information, contact (803) 980-2160.