• Reserve seating for York Compreheneive High School's five home varsity football games are on sale for $25 each. The seats are on the 50-yard line. To purchse tickets, call 6841505 or come go by the school and pick them up.
• Northwestern boys and girls cross country teams will begin official fall practice sessions on Monday at 7 a.m. Practices will be held at the Winthrop Coliseum paring lot Monday through Friday the first week. All runners is grades 7-12 and zoned for Northwestern are invited to participate. To participate, each athlete must have a completed South Carolina High School League physical. For further information call head coach Calvin Hudgins, 981-9117, or assistant Coach Jack Holeman, 328-8570.
• Lewisville will host a four-way football scrimmage Friday that includes Buford, Ridge Springs and Andrew Jackson at 6 p.m. in Lewisville stadium. There will be a $2 admission. The proceeds are used to feed the teams participating at the end of scrimmage sponsored by the Lewisville Booster Club.
• Any Lewisville senior athlete in any sport that want a personalized profile of themselves in the football program must see coach Drum as soon as possible. The price is $25 for a half page and $50 for a full page.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• There will be a mandatory parent meeting for all parents of Indian Land JV and varsity football players Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the old ILHS gym. Topics of discussion will include: practice schedules, scrimmages, games, team rules, and the new school building.
• Ninth grade football practice for Northwestern will begin at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Bring shorts and T-shirts. Practice will end at 7:30. Must have a physical. Call 981-1231 with any questions.
• Youth baseball players interested in trying out for the Carolina Reds 9U traveling baseball team for the 2007 Fall session, please be present at the Fire Station youth baseball field (on Cherry Rd.) across the street from Winthrop University's baseball field at 9:00 a.m., Saturday. Players will complete a skills evaluation and should be prepared before April 30, 2008 and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. If you have any question, please contact Michael Smith (803) 371-4272.
• There will be an open youth football camp from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Aug. 6-9 at Oakdale Elementary School for players ages 7-12. For more information, call (803) 371-5123 or (803) 242-4505.
• The York Parks and Recreation Department is now taking registration for its fall sports. The deadline to register is Aug. 15. There will be a late registration period held on Aug. 16-17 with an additional $10 fee added. For more information, call the Recreation Department at (803) 684-3742.
• Baseball tryouts for the Carolina Reds 10U team will be at 6 p.m. on Aug. 1 at Westminster Softball field. For more information, contact David Prince at (803) 325-8005 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Clover Parks and Recreation will be conducting soccer, baseball and girls softball tryouts from now until Aug. 14. For more information, contact the department at (803) 222-9493 or visit leaguelineup.com.