• Reserve seating for York Comprehensive High School's five home varsity football games are on sale for $25 each. The seats are on the 50-yard line. To purchse tickets, call 6841505 or come go by the school and pick them up.
• Northwestern boys and girls cross country teams will begin official fall practice sessions on today at 7 a.m. For more information, contact Calvin Hudgins at (803) 981-9117, or Jack Holeman at (803) 328-8570.
• Lewisville will host a four-way football scrimmage Friday that includes Buford, Ridge Springs and Andrew Jackson at 6 p.m. in Lewisville stadium. There will be a $2 admission. The proceeds are used to feed the teams participating at the end of scrimmage sponsored by the Lewisville Booster Club.
• Any Lewisville senior athlete in any sport that want a personalized profile of themselves in the football program must see coach Drum as soon as possible. The price is $25 for a half page and $50 for a full page.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• There will be a mandatory parent meeting for all parents of Indian Land JV and varsity football players at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the old ILHS gym. Topics of discussion will include: practice schedules, scrimmages, games, team rules, and the new school building.
• There will be an open youth football camp from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Aug. 6-9 at Oakdale Elementary School for players ages 7-12. For more information, call (803) 371-5123 or (803) 242-4505.
• The York Parks and Recreation Department is now taking registration for its fall sports. The deadline to register is Aug. 15. There will be a late registration period held on Aug. 16-17 with an additional $10 fee added. For more information, call the Recreation Department at (803) 684-3742.
• Baseball tryouts for the Carolina Reds 10U team will be at 6 p.m. on Aug. 1 at Westminster Softball field. For more information, contact David Prince at (803) 325 - 8005 or by email at email@example.com.
• Clover Parks and Recreation will be conducting soccer, baseball and girls softball tryouts from now until Aug. 14. For more information, contact the department at (803) 222-9493 or visit leaguelineup.com.
• There will be an open youth football camp from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Aug. 6-9 at Sylvia Circle Elementary School for players ages 7-10. For more informations, call (803) 329-7611 or (803) 899-3692.