• Northwestern High School will have varsity and JV volleyball tryouts from 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. Monday-Tuesday in F gym. For more information, contact Angela McGuire at (803) 325-5117.
• Reserved tickets for Fort Mill's six home football games are on sale. Cost is $30 and tickets can be purchased by contacting Bailey Jackson at (803) 548-1900. Tickets will also be on sale Saturday at Fort Mill's home scrimmage vs. Newberry.
• The 4th Dick's Sporting Goods York County Amateur Golf Championship is scheduled for Aug. 10-12. Starters and scorers are needed. Check yorkcountygolf.com or call Richard Gilles at 322-5350 for more information or to enter.
• York Parks and Recreation Department is sponsoring a three-day volleyball camp for kids ages 8-12 Aug. 8-10 at the York Recreation Center. Cost is $35 per child. A minimum of 10 is needed. Registration is held at the York Recreation Center until Monday. For more information, call 684-3742.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• There will be an open youth football camp from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Aug. 6-9 at Sylvia Circle Elementary School for players ages 7-10. For more information, call (803) 329-7611 or (803) 899-3692.
• The Independence Patriots will hold a free football camp for their players and kids ages 7-12 at the old Castle Heights Middle School Aug. 6-9 and Aug. 13-14. For information, call (803) 324-1577.
• The York Parks and Recreation Department will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday for teams interested in the fall adult softball league at the York Recreation Center. Deadline to register is Sept. 7 and the fee is $250. Teams may save $50 by registering by Aug. 31. For more information, call the Recreation Center at (803) 684-3742.
• Ebenezer Presbyterian Church is sponsoring a Mega Sports Camp from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Aug. 5-9. The camp concentrates on basketball, soccer and cheerleading and is open to anyone ages 6-13. Cost is $30 per child and a medical release form is required. Speaker for the first day will be former NFL player Mike Scurlock. Call 366-5119 for more information.
• The Carolina Reds will hold tryouts for players interested in the fall season for the 13U-18U travel and showcase teams Saturday at Northwestern High School. For starting times for each age group, visit carolinareds.net or contact Merritt King at (803) 242-6611 for more information.
• The York Parks and Recreation Department is taking registration for its fall sports. You may register your child for cheerleading, flag football and football. All new participants must present a birth certificate at the time of registration. Deadline is Aug. 15. There will be a late registration period held on Aug. 16-17 with an additional $10 fee added to each registration fee. If you have any questions or for more information, call (803) 684-3742.
• The Gra-Y Demons will practice at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Sylvia Circle School. Players are to come in shorts, cleats or sneakers. For more information, contact coaches Pat Kennedy at 327-3205 and Perry Sutton at 328-8790.
• The Rock Hill O's will play at the Joanna Hurricanes in the first round of the playoffs at 4 p.m. Saturday and will host the Hurricanes at 4 p.m. Sunday at Crawford Community Center. For more information, call Ed Ware at 417-8778 or Melvin Hemphill at 328-0323.