• York Comprehensive High School's athletics booster club will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the school's fieldhouse.
• Rock Hill High volleyball tryouts will be held at 7 p.m. Monday-Tuesday in the new gym. JV tryouts will be from 8:30-10:30 a.m. and varsity will be from 4:30 -6:30 p.m. Everyone must have a physical to try out.
• York Comprehensive High School volleyball tryouts will be held for rising 8-12 graders from 9-11:30 a.m. Monday-Wednesday in the YCHS gym. Everyone must have a physical form.
• The Carolina Reds will hold tryouts for players interested in the fall season for the new 9U travel team from 9-10:30 a.m. today at Northwestern High School. Players can't turn 10 years old before April 30. For more information, contact Michael Smith at (803) 371-4272.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• The York Parks and Recreation Department is taking registration for its fall sports. Children may be registered for cheerleading, flag football and football. All new participants must present a birth certificate at the time of registration. Deadline is Aug. 15. There will be a late registration period held on Aug. 16-17 with an additional $10 fee added to each registration fee. For more information, call (803) 684-3742.
• The Gra-Y Demons will practice at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Sylvia Circle Elementary School. Players are to come in shorts, cleats or sneakers. For more information, contact coaches Pat Kennedy at (803) 327-3205 or Perry Sutton at (803) 328-8790.
• The Rock Hill O's will play at the Joanna Hurricanes in the first round of the playoffs at 4 p.m. today and will host the Hurricanes at 4 p.m. Sunday at Crawford Community Center. For more information, contact Ed Ware at (803) 417-8778 or Melvin Hemphill at (803) 328-0323.
• The Bearcat Backer Booster Club will have its August meeting at 7 p.m. Monday in the gymnasium classroom.
• All rising 7th, 8th, and 9th-graders wanting to play football for York Junior High School and Harold C. Johnson Middle School are reminded that practice starts at 8:30 a.m. Monday. All 7th-graders will report to Harold C. Johnson and all 8th and 9th-graders will report to York Junior High. All players must have a physical and parent permission slip. Practice will end at 10:30 a.m. each day.
• The Belleview Red Devils will host a free youth football camp for ages 7-8 Monday-Thursday and Aug. 13-14. The camp runs from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Belleview. For more information, call (803) 371-3896 or (803) 322-3826.
• The Gra-Y Panthers will start football practice at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Ebinport School. Practice will be in shorts, T-shirts and shoes. For more information, contact Jeff Beamguard at (803) 366-6271.
• The Gra-Y Trojans will practice at 5:30 p.m. Monday at Sunset Park Elementary School. Players are to come in shorts, cleats or sneakers. For more information, contact coaches Paul Robinson at (803) 517-0290 or Roy Miller at (803) 323-7234.
• Practice for all returning York Comprehensive golfers will begin at 3 p.m. Monday at Spring Lake Country Club. Practice for new players will begin at 4 p.m. Aug. 22 at at Spring Lake. All players must have a physical before beginning practice. For more information, contact Denise Barrett at (803) 230-1304.
• Registration for the Winthrop Baseball Youth Fall League is underway. For more information or to register, go to winthropbaseballcamps.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.