• The Summerfest Softball Tournament will be held Aug. 23 at the York Recreation Complex. The tournament is open to Men's Open and Co-Ed divisions and is double-elimination. ASA rules will apply during the tournament and teams must hit their own .44 core, 400 compression or less softballs. There will be a three home run limit per game. First-place team will receive bat bags, T-shirts and trophy. Second-place team will receive a bat, softballs, T-shirts and trophy. Third-place teams will receive softballs, T-shirts and trophy. Deadline to enter is Aug. 20. Fee is $180; checks should be made out to Summerfest Softball. To enter, call Mike Percival at (803) 327-4011.
• The Sunset Park GRA -Y team will begin practice at 6 p.m. on Monday. Sign-ups for small fry and pee wee are at the same time. Call Roy Miller at (803) 323-7234 or Nicky Hart at (803) 322-3418 for more information.
• Rock Hill High School football season tickets and booster club memberships will be available in the athletic office beginning Monday. Members may renew their tickets from Monday-Friday and new members may purchase their tickets starting Aug. 11. Call (803) 981-1344 with any questions.
• South Pointe High School fall sports practice dates are as follows: 9th grade football 6 p.m. Monday; volleyball 5 p.m. Monday (JV), 7 p.m. Monday (varsity); cross country 7:30 a.m. Monday.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
• York Comprehensive High School varsity and JV volleyball tryouts will be from 9-11:30 a.m. Monday-Wednesday at YCHS gym. Girls must be present for all three days and have an athletic physical on file to try out.
• Northwestern High School's girls tennis team will have its first practice from 4-7 p.m. Monday. Any girl that has never played for NHS and wishes to participate needs a signed physical/parent permission form and a copy of their birth certificate.
• Tryouts for Rock Hill High School Volleyball are as follows: JV, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Aug. 11-12; varsity, 4-6 p.m. Aug. 11-12. Both teams will have the final day from 4-6 p.m. Aug. 13. Players must have a physical and parent permission form in order to try out.
• The Carolina Sox/Thunder baseball team will hold their golf tournament at Pinetuck Golf Club on Aug 16 with a four-man Captain's Choice for 18holes. Cost is $75.00 per player/$300.00 per team. Entry fee includes: Cart fee, greens fee, lunch, dinner and range balls. Registratiion & lunch start at 11:30 a.m. with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. For more information, contact Carolina Sox baseball at (803) 366-5436 or firstname.lastname@example.org,