• Independence Patriots will begin practice Aug. 13 at 6 p.m. All participants will need to show completed registration form and receipt prior to entering the field for practice. Small Fry, Pee Wee and GRA-Y will practice at The Flexible Learning Center (old Castle Heights) that is located at 1234 Flint St. Ext. For more information, contact Mrs. White at (803) 322-1511.
• The York Road Bulldog Pee Wee (ages 9-10) football team will have a meeting/practice for all players on Aug. 11 from 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. at York Road Elementary School. Practice continues on Aug. 13 at 6:30 p.m. Players should be registered with the city before practicing. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Rock Hill O's will host the Chapin Eagles in the first game of the best-of-3 playoff series of the South Division of the Community All-Stars Adult Baseball League today at 4 p.m. at Crawford Community Center on Highway 72 in Rock Hill.
• Several Northwestern fall sports practices are about to begin or are already under way. Ninth-grade football starts practice on Aug. 11 from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Volleyball starts practice Aug. 11 from 4 p.m, until 6 p.m. in F-Gym. The swim team practice is from 9 p.m. until 11 a.m. and began Aug. 5. Girls tennis began on Aug. 5 and is from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. at the tennis courts behind Northwestern.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• The Sunset Park Trojans will be having sign-ups for Small Fry and Pee Wee football at the school today, Monday and Tuesday at 6 p.m. Practice will begin Wednesday. You must be registered with the city before you can practice. For more information, call (803) 985-1268.
• The Lesslie Hornets Small Fry and Pee Wee football teams will start practice Wednesday at Lesslie Elementary School. Practice runs from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. For more information, call Van Brown at (803) 389-2649.
• VSO's fall practices begin Aug. 25. Ages are: soccer (4-K to high school), cheer (4 K-5th grade), and disc golf (6th grade and above, adults are welcomed). Register at victorysportsoutreach.org, email email@example.com or call (803) 547-7301.
• VSO will hold a four-man Captain's Choice golf tournament at Tega Cay Golf Club Oct. 11. Cost is $100 per player/$400 per team. For registration and/or sponsorship information, go to victorysportoutreach.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (803) 547-7301.