The Eta Alpha Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Inc. presented its 2007 debutantes in "Holiday Elegance" Saturday in the Family Life Center at Union Baptist Church, corner of S.C. 274 and Mount Gallant Road, Rock Hill.
Ten debutantes and nine tea roses were presented. The nine tea roses are:
• Alexis Nicole Boozer-Dowling, the daughter of Shirley Boozer, a fifth-grader at Ebinport Elementary School in Rock Hill.
• Juliana Starr Francis, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Yero Noble, a fifth-grader at Erwin Junior Academy in Charlotte.
• Na' Kenya Quansha Graham, the daughter of Tuwanda Graham, a fifth-grader at Northside Elementary School in Rock Hill.
• Meghan Vyola Joseph, the daughter of Joy Greene-Joseph, a third-grader at Trinity Christian School in Rock Hill.
• Marah Angelica King, the daughter of Kevin King and Virginia G. King, a fifth-grader at Rosewood Elementary School in Rock Hill.
• Lauren Mikayla Reese, the daughter of Kimberly Reese and Derrick Reese, a fifth-grader at the Children's School at Sylvia Circle in Rock Hill.
• Mahoganey Setzer, the daughter of Hollie Setzer and James Setzer, a fourth-grader at Hunter Street Elementary School in York.
• Mahogany Samone Smith, the daughter of Juanita Hutchins, Sunita Singh and Angelo Howard, a sixth-grader at the Northwest School of the Arts in Charlotte.
• Alexus DeAndra Young, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Young, a sixth-grader at Chester Middle School in Chester.
The 10 debutantes are:
• Andrenna Celeste Boyd, the daughter of Malinda Boyd and Lesley Laprade, a senior at Northwestern High School in Rock Hill. Her escort was Eric Loron Boyd, son of Erica Boyd and Ron McClurkin. The sponsors are Gladys Barnes-Roseboro, Shirley Davis, Catherine Jones and Linne Miller.
• Shirmeta Aprelle Brunson, the daughter of Glenda M. Brunson, a senior at South Pointe High School in Rock Hill. Her escort was Andy Coleman III, son of Mr. and Mrs. Andy Brown Jr. and Andy Coleman Jr. The sponsors are Karen Bunkley, Bridget Durham, Sharon Jenkins and Tracy McCullough.
• Christa Elizabeth Carter, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Carter, a senior at Harding University High School in Charlotte. Her escort was McElroy "Trey" Sarter III, son of Mr. and Mrs. McElroy Sarter II. The sponsors are Edwina Carter, Bettye Gathings, Chery McCullough and Connie Mills.
• Brittany Shondria Taylor Chisholm, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Stacy A. Chisholm, a senior at Chester Senior High School in Chester. Her escort was Joshua Lamont Stringfellow, son of the Rev. and Mrs. Shadrick Stringfellow. The sponsors are Ann Alexander, Tonya Campbell, Charletha Jackson and Evelyn Maclin.
• Julisa Gabriell Dantzler, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Clifford Dantzler, a senior at South Pointe. Her escort was Perry Najee Rashad Sutton, son of Perry L. Sutton. The sponsors are Gladys Bouleware, Belinda Brown-McClure, Lisa Dwyer-Dantzler and Lula Robinson.
• Ray Shaunda Janai Harris, the daughter of Raynard Harris and Juanita Douglas, a senior at Harding University. Her escort was Ryan Terrell Mattress, son of Phyllis Howard. The sponsors are Clara Gray, Jackie Fields, Beatrice Moore and Bettye Rowell.
• Kiara Darlyce Marshall, the daughter of Roosevelt and Wanda Gary, a senior at Harding University. Her escort was Fred Junior Lee IV, son of Fred Lee Jr. and Jackie Lee. The sponsors are Linda Love, Gladys Robinson, Alice R. Walker and Marlyne Walker.
• Brittany Nicole Massey, the daughter of Beverly Mann and James Steele, a senior at South Pointe. Her escort was Mark McCullough, son of Katina Feaster and Mark McCullough. The sponsors are Linda F. McDuffie, Felicia McGowan, Brenda Robinson and Thelma White.
• Brittany LeAnne Savage, the daughter of Rebecca Savage and Mr. and Mrs. LaTaj V. Linen, a senior at York Comprehensive High School in York. Her escort was Terrance Bingham, son of Mr. and Mrs. Terrance Bingham. The sponsors are Deadra Hall, Tameika Johnson, Jennifer Massey and LeTricia Parks.
• Kishanda Shiquese Thomas, the daughter of Cora Y. Collins, a freshman at the University of South Carolina Upstate in Spartanburg. Her escort was Arsenio Quamayne Hall, son of Mr. and Mrs. David Ashley. The sponsors are Sandra Davis, Lavonia Johnson, Joyce Massey and Teresa Roddey.
The cotillion marshall was Christopher D. Hinton, son of Lucille Hinton and Baymon Hinton Jr.
-- Tamara Ford, The Herald