It's time again for Rock Hill's Boo-HaHa, a safe alternative to Halloween trick-or-treating, from 5:30 to 8:30 tonight on downtown's Main Street.
Area businesses will line sidewalks to give out candy. Some will offer indoor activities, and a disc jockey will entertain. A costume contest for ages 10 and younger kicks off at 6:30 p.m., sponsored by local radio stations WRHI and Interstate 107.
More Halloween frights are planned:
• The Trail of Haunted Terror, 429 Nassaw Circle, off Sturgis Road in Rock Hill, will be from 7:30 to 10 tonight. The trail is for all ages; admission is $2 adults and $1 children. Proceeds will be used to build a basketball court for children in the Green Earth housing neighborhood. Free admission will be given to those who bring canned goods, to be donated to the Catawba Indian Reservation food pantry. For directions, call 524-3391.
• Haunted House, Terrifying Trail and maze, Dr. Rodman's Monsters and Mayhem, will continue Wednesday through Saturday at Rodman Community Center, 2484 Rodman Road, S.C. 909, Chester. Hours are sundown until midnight. Tickets are $12 per person, with group rates for 10 or more. Proceeds will benefit the center, Youth Harbor and other programs that help children in need. Details, (704) 372-2363.
• Fort Lawn's fall family fun night will be from 5:30 to 7:30 tonight at the Fort Lawn Community Center, 5554 Main St., with free games and prizes, storytelling, a movie and trunk-or-treating. Candy will be given to ages 15 and younger. Hot dogs and marshmallows will be free.
• The Rock Hill Galleria will host mall-wide trick-or-treating from 5:30 to 8:30 tonight for ages 12 and younger. A balloon art will be in the center court. Prizes will be given in the costume contest at 7 p.m. in the center court; register before 6:30 p.m. A first-place prize, valued at $200 or above, will be given in three age categories: birth to 4 years, 5 to 7 and 8 to 12. Families can register to win four tickets to the Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy Show at Ovens Auditorium in Charlotte. For details, visit www.RockHillGalleria.com.
• Boy Scout Troop and Cub Scout Pack No. 133 will host its 17th annual Halloween carnival from 6 to 8 tonight at Mount Holly United Methodist Church on S.C. 901 in Rock Hill. Games, a costume contest, cake walks, a bake sale and hot dog plates will be available. Admission is free. For details, call 327-5779.
• The Clover Police Department will pass out candy to trick-or-treaters ages 13 and younger who are in costume from 6 to 9 tonight at its headquarters, 116 Bethel St. For details, call (803) 222-9494.
• A drive-in movie, Stephen King's "The Shining," will be presented at 9 tonight in the Winthrop Coliseum north parking lot in Rock Hill. Cost is $5 per car.
• Scarowinds Halloween haunt continues through tonight at Carowinds theme park. Regular hours are 7 p.m. to midnight. Tickets are $29.99; some discounts are available.