Mayors in Clover and Fort Mill will be elected today, along with representatives on city and town councils in Fort Mill and Tega Cay.
Polls in all locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Any voter in line by 7 p.m. will be allowed to vote. Voters are required to present a voter registration card, S.C. driver's license, or state identification card issued by S.C. Public Safety.
Who's running: No challengers emerged for six council seats in Clover so voters will just choose their mayor. The two candidates are Mayor Donnie Burris and former Mayor Donnie Grice.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Precincts: Clover school district office, 604 Bethel St., and Clover Middle School, 320 Clinton Ave.
Who's running: Two are running for mayor while seven people are vying for three council seats.
• Mayor's race: Charlie Powers, mayor of 24 years and former town councilman for six; and Danny Funderburk, a lifelong Fort Millian who served four years as Ward 4 councilman.
• Ward 4: Tom Adams, a Fort Mill resident more than a decade; and Charlie Boyette, former council member of 20 years.
• Ward 2: Grady Ervin, incumbent of 25 years; and Ronald Helms, volunteer firefighter and longtime resident.
• At-large Seat 2: Ken Starnes, incumbent; Dean Youhanic, a seven-year resident; and Bryan Smith.
Fort Mill No. 1: Fort Mill Town Hall
Fort Mill No. 2: Glen Rock Hill Baptist Church
Fort Mill No. 3: Sisk Memorial Baptist Church
Fort Mill No. 4: Fort Mill school district office
Fort Mill No. 5: Flint Hill Fire Department
Fort Mill No. 6: Gold Hill Church of Christ
Doby's Bridge: Doby's Bridge Presbyterian Church
Riverview: St. Philip Neri Catholic Church
Orchard Park: Philadelphia United Methodist Church
Who's running: Five candidates are running for two at-large seats on the Tega Cay City Council. They are:
• Larry Harper, former chairman of the Tega Cay Planning Commision;
• Ron Kazel, community volunteer and secretary of the Tega Cay Finance Committee;
• Ron Kirby, council member since 2004;
• Hope MacBride, past president of the Tega Cay Lioness Club and chairwoman of the Tega Cay Finance Committee;
• George Sheppard, active community volunteer.
Precincts: Lakeshore Christian Fellowship Church, 130 Shoreline Parkway, and Tega Cay City Hall, 7000 Tega Cay Drive.
Get election results online tonight!
Check out heraldonline tonight to get election results from Clover, Fort Mill and Tega Cay.