1) Which Rock Hill venue was Barack Obama originally scheduled to visit before his event was moved to the Northwestern High School gym?
c) The Freedom Center
2) Which presidential candidate headlined an Oct. 11 York County GOP fundraiser at the Magnolia Room?
a) Rudy Giuliani
3) What is the name of the restaurant that gained notoriety during Rock Hill's downtown jaywalking dispute?
b) Citizen Corner
4) Which of the following actresses spent time in Rock Hill to film "Gospel Hill," a movie about civil rights?
d) Julia Stiles
5) What community did John Edwards visit on his first trip to York County this campaign season?
a) Blackmon Road
6) Where did former Winthrop basketball coach Gregg Marshall take a job as head basketball coach in April?
c) Wichita State University
7) What was the name of the proposed large cat refuge that shocked many Chester County residents?
b) Tiger World
8) What local city tried to shift its observance of Halloween from Wednesday to Tuesday to avoid a conflict with evening church services?
9) What university did the Winthrop Eagles defeat in the first round of the 2007 NCAA Tournament?
c) Notre Dame
10) Which class did Rock Hill schools Superintendent Lynn Moody recently say she'd like to get rid of?
a) Study hall
11) Who did the Carolina Panthers play Dec. 22 in their only prime time television appearance of the season?
c) Dallas Cowboys
12) What is the name of the shopping center that opened recently in the former Crossroads Mall on Carowinds Boulevard?
a) Plaza Fiesta
13) Who was elected the new chief of the Catawba Indian Nation in July, succeeding longtime Chief Gilbert Blue?
a) Donald Rodgers
14) Which made-in-York County movie opened in Charlotte and a few other Southern cities Dec. 21?
15) What decision by Winthrop University in recent weeks was made, according to school officials, as a security measure?
c) Limiting public access to the library
16) In which state did York County manager Jim Baker hold a similar job before he was hired here in June?
17) What breed of dog did 14-year-old Kayla Walling lose, only to have the animal returned a couple weeks later after a December column by Andrew Dys?
18) Which former U.S. president visited Rock Hill in October?
d) Bill Clinton
19) The ongoing drought that's ravaged much of the Southeast is the York County area's worst drought in how many years?
20) Which two York County mayors were voted out of office in November?
a) Fort Mill Mayor Charlie Powers and Clover Mayor Donnie Burris
21) Herald columnist Andrew Dys and Sports Editor Gary McCann gained national attention during the NCAA basketball tournament by driving cross-county to which city?
c) Spokane, Wash.
22) Rock Hill's Boyd Comer was elected into which sports hall of fame in October?
b) S.C. Bowling Hall of Fame
23) What is the name of York County's newest high school, which opened in August?
b) Nation Ford
24) Which presidential candidate drew a raucous crowd of around 600 people at The Freedom Center on Dec. 8?
b) Ron Paul
25) Which school did Clover High School defeat Nov. 30 to claim the school's first state title in football?
d) Beaufort High