The Herald found 12 days' worth of things you can do for yourself, your family or for others to make this Christmas just that much better:
For you and your family
Brighten your holiday spirit with a drive around Rock Hill to see Christmas lights. Here are some light displays we've heard about:
- Bill and Debra Adkins, 2030 Donnybrook Drive, Catawba. The lights are on dusk to 11 p.m. daily through Christmas weekend.
- In Rock Hill's Rawlinson Acres II subdivision, the corner of Mallard and Raven drives.
- The Janicke family, 1141 Charlotte Ave., Rock Hill.
- Halfway between Rock Hill and York, on Billy Wilson Road, the Blackwells -- Joe, Terry and Cammie -- have approximately 175,000 lights and figurines between three houses. The lights are on 6 to 9 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays and 6 to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
- The homes of Leonard and Kelley McNeely, 2076 Chester Hwy.; Steve and Dianne McNeely, 2060 Chester Hwy., and Justin and Nicole Thompson, 2052 Chester Hwy.
- Dana and Bryon Moree, 1650 Gresham Court, Rock Hill.
- Calvin and Kandie White, 2356 Olewoods Drive, Rock Hill.
- Lee and Jennifer Mackey, 1228 India Hook Road, Rock Hill.
During this busy season, make sure you take a moment to stop and tell or show someone special just how much they mean to you. Often, this simple but meaningful gesture can be overlooked in the holiday rush.