Rock Hill has announced new downtown street closures to accommodate ongoing construction projects.
Portions of the eastern downtown area have been closed to traffic for much of the year to allow for work on the city’s new Fountain Park and a new office building, which are part of a city redevelopment project. Next week demolition of the former Woolworth Building on Main Street is scheduled to begin.
In addition to several already-closed streets – including parts of Main Street, Elizabeth Lane and Saluda Street – the following closures are scheduled to start Friday and run through Oct. 24:
• The westbound lane of Black Street will be closed to all traffic from Hampton Street to Saluda Street.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• The eastbound lane of Black Street will be open to Green Street for local traffic only.
• The southbound lane of Green Street will be one way only from Black Street to Johnson Street.
• The northbound lane of Green Street will be closed to all traffic.
• Saluda Street will remain open to local traffic only from Johnson Street to the intersection with Black Street.