How do you take your Original Slam breakfast? Denny’s is hoping you’ll enjoy it in the restaurant’s newly renovated digs.
The Rock Hill Denny’s, at 2435 Mount Holly Road, is offering up a “grand reopening celebration” to customers from 8 a.m. Wednesday after a week of remodeling. The renovations include new flooring, booths, tables, chairs, lamps and artwork, according to franchisee owner Rita Meana.
The restaurant, which has been located in the Pilot Flying J travel center for six years, will offer discounted diner entrées and a prize wheel to customers throughout the day.
The renovations are part of Denny’s reimaging campaign, according to a news release this week. The release states 70 percent of the franchises will be remodeled by 2018.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
“We have made it a warmer, more comfortable place to eat,” said Meana. “Still the same great Denny’s food, but now in a much nicer dining room.”
The updated interior is a locally inspired design. Customers will be able to take advantage of the celebration’s deals: The Original Slam will cost $3.99, while a Country-Fried Steak Dinner will be $5.99.
David Thackham (803) 329-4066), @DThackham
Here are some of Denny’s regular deals:
▪ $2 $4 $6 $8 Value Menu – Denny’s value menu lets guests choose from 16 dishes, including traditional favorites as well as several new a la carte items.
▪ Kids Eat Free – Guests can receive up to two free kids meals for children ages 10 and under with the purchase of each adult entrée. The offer is good from 4 to 10 p.m. on Tuesdays.
▪ “Fit Fare” – Choices that are good for you, too. Denny’s “Fit Fare” options feature healthy choices such as egg whites and hearty wheat breads that can be substituted into any meal at no extra charge.
▪ Free Birthday Grand Slam– Celebrate your special day with a free Original Grand Slam meal. It is good for dine-in only.
▪ AARP Members Save 15 Percent – Show your AARP membership card at participating Denny’s restaurants and save 15 percent off your total check.
▪ Military Discount – Active and retired military receive 10 percent off with a valid military ID.