The Master Gardeners of York County will hold their annual spring plant sale Saturday and Sunday at the Glencairn Gardens Learning Center, 825 Edgemont Ave., Rock Hill.
Hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday. There will be a variety of bulbs, perennials, shrubs, vines, herbs and vegetables ranging from $1 to $10.
Unsold plants will be available at the Museum of York County’s Earth Day Birthday event April 30. For more information, visit: www.yorkmg.org.
A plant sale, sponsored by York County Christian Women’s Job Corps, will be 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday at Family Trust, Dave Lyle Boulevard, Rock Hill. Bedding plants, herbs, vegetables and hanging baskets will be for sale.
Proceeds to the Job Corps, which helps women learn skills needed to become self-sufficient. Plants provided by A.B. Poe Farmer’s Exchange of Rock Hill.
▪ The Spencer Estates Neighborhood Association will hold its annual Come-See-Me Spring Picnic at 4 p.m. Sunday at Spencer Park, 1036 Eastwood Drive, Rock Hill. Residents should bring picnic foods, beverages and lawn chairs. Paper products, plastic utensils and ice will be furnished. Former neighbors and new neighbors are invited.
▪ Carol Green, nutritional therapy practitioner and healing foods chef, will present a workshop on probiotics and cultured foods, 9:30-noon Saturday at Baxter Village YMCA, Fort Mill. Admission, $15. Register at tasteofhealing.com.
▪ The York County Choral Society will perform Furè’s “Requiem” at 4 p.m. Sunday in Byrnes Auditorium at Winthrop University. Additional choral selections will be performed by the York County Chamber Singers. Tickets are $20, adults; $10, age 62 and older; $5, students with ID. Tickets are available at the door or at yorkcountychoralsociety.org.
▪ Second annual Live Well Clover 5K run/walk will be 8:30 a.m. Saturday from Clover First Baptist Church to the Larne School and back. Register at racesonline.com. Advance registration is $25; day of race, $30. To volunteer, call Amy Gonzalez at 803-222-9493.
▪ The Johnson & Wales University Fresh Anointed Ministries and Winthrop University Vision of Prayze Gospel Choirs will give a free concert, “Hold On ... Better Is Coming,” at 4:30 p.m. Sunday in the sanctuary of Freedom Temple Ministries, 215 E. Main St., Rock Hill.
▪ The Rock Hill Chapter of Finley High School alumni will host a Chinese auction 2 p.m. Saturday at VFW Post 3746, 1404 Crawford Road. Ticket drop is noon-2 p.m. Proceeds go to the Alumni Chapter Scholarship Fund. For information, call Charlie M. Robinson at 803-230-3325 or James T. Dunham at 704-232-0793.
▪ Breath of Home ride and rally, 11 a.m. Saturday at ballfield at Ranger Road and S.C. 55 in Clover. Registration at 9 a.m. Proceeds go to Piper Miller for medical bills. Cost is $20 per driver and $10, extra rider. There will be live music, door prizes, silent auction, hot dog and hamburger plates and T-shirts.
▪ India Hook United Methodist Women’s yard sale will be 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday at the church on Mount Gallant Road in Rock Hill. Breakfast items for sale. Lunch includes hot dogs with all the trimmings. The men’s spring barbecue will be 10 a.m.-2 p.m. April 30 in the family life center. Whole chickens are $10; adult plates, $9; child’s plate, $5. Plates include baked beans, slaw, roll, dessert and tea. For tickets or to place orders, call 803-329-7787. UMW will have a bake sale.
▪ Kings Mountain Chapel United Methodist Church will host its 11th annual Tractor and Engine Show, 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday at 1130 Philbeck Road, York. No entry fee. Display only. Sausage biscuits, hot dogs and hamburgers will be sold. Merchandise and craft vendors welcome. For information, call the church at 803-684-2493.
▪ Philadelphia United Methodist Church at 2260 Chester Highway, York, will be a stop for motorcyclists participating in a Scripture Run Saturday to raise funds for a local child with cerebral palsy. A community yard sale will be held with spaces available for $10, with proceeds going to the fundraiser. Anyone wishing to sell must provide a table and begin set up at 7 a.m. Sausage biscuits, coffee and juice will be sold. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Mount Holly United Methodist Church will have its 15th annual Christian Sport Shooter Classic, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday at Rocky Creek Sporting Clay Club, Mountain Gap Road, Richburg. Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. Cost: $100, adults; $75, youth. Proceeds go to the sanctuary fund. Information and registration at mthollyumc.org.
▪ Indian Land VFW will meet 9:30 a.m. Saturday at 8083 Charlotte Highway, Indian Land. New members and guests arrive at 9 a.m. Veterans bring DD214. For information, call John Marker at 704-843-6930.
▪ The Rock Hill branch of the NAACP general meeting will be 9 a.m. Saturday at Bannon Hall across from St. Mary Catholic Church, 902 Crawford Road. For information, call Sandra Oborokumo at 803-325-2855.
▪ Habitat for Humanity of York County and Lowe’s are hosting “how-to” construction clinics for women volunteering during the ninth annual National Women Build Week, April 30-May 8. A local clinic will be 8 a.m. Saturday at Lowe’s of Fort Mill, 1640 S.C. 160 West. The clinic will cover “How to Install Insulation and Drywall.” To sign up, contact York County Habitat at 803-985-9244 or email@example.com.
▪ Blackstock High School’s annual reunion will be Saturday in the school’s former gym on Schoolhouse Road. Registration and fellowship will be 11 a.m. with a picnic at 1 p.m. All students and friends invited. For information, call Susan Cassels at 803-328-1121 or Edward Hunter Mills at 803-581-2744.
▪ Alateen meets 8-9 p.m. Thursdays at Zoar Road Club, 14701 Thomas Road, Charlotte. Meetings are for two age groups: 6-12 and 13 and older. For information, call 803-547-2124 or 704-904-7834.
▪ Al-Anon meets 8 p.m. Mondays at Serenity Club, 209 Grayson Road, Rock Hill; a noon Tuesdays upstairs at Oakland Avenue Presbyterian Church, 421 Oakland Ave., Rock Hill; 8 p.m. Mondays at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 S.C. 160, Fort Mill; and 8 p.m. Tuesdays in the house beside First Baptist Church, 121 Monroe White St., Fort Mill.
Send Community News items to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 132 W. Main St., Rock Hill, SC 29730. Deadline for the Thursday column is 5 p.m. Monday. Deadline for the Sunday column is 5 p.m. Wednesday.