A fire at a Clover bar Saturday morning is believed to have been an accident, officials say.
Firefighters with Bethany Fire reported to the Bear’s Dean on Highway 161 about 7 a.m., according to a York County Sheriff’s Office report. The fire was quickly put out.
Officials are investigating, but believe that a power line leading into the building was accidentally pulled away by a large truck, causing the wiring to short, the report states. Tracks consistent with a 18-wheeler were found the line.
The report does not list the amount of damage to the bar.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.