Serving the Bethel and Lake Wylie communities
• A group of volunteers raised more than $5,000 for football team practice sleds and pads from Rae Crowther Inc., manufacturer of some of the best practice equipment available. Thanks to those volunteers, and donors who helped us.
• All teams are practicing for football and cheerleading with practices held Monday through Thursdays at River Hills Community Association ballfields, a pretty impressive site when all 150 of them are out there. Our coaches have completed CPR training, and the football coaches have completed the USA Football Certification. Cheer coaches will be going to certification on Saturday in McAdenville, N.C.
• We still have openings for 10- and 11-year-olds on our Pee Wee football squad. Visit lwsports.org for more info, or stop by practice. Pop Warner football has mandatory play rules and offers scholastic assistance for those who have trouble balancing school and sports.
• Fall baseball sign-ups are under way. This is a program aimed at instruction and improving player skill sets. Instruction will be for 10 weeks, meeting Sunday afternoons for two hours. Players will be instructed at their level. There will be training in pitching, fielding, batting and position play. This is open to all boys and girls aged 5 to 14 as of April 30, 2008.
• Soccer sign-ups continue with forms available online.
We are always looking for continued support. If you would like to donate cash, goods or services, call (803) 831-9298. To volunteer, go to eteamz.com/lwaa for the form.