Thursday Night Tournament Trail anglers found fishing tough May 3 on Lake Wylie with 17 of 46 boats weighing in.
“I guess if it was easy we would call it catching rather than fishing,” said event co-organizer Erwin Gaston.
Gene Webster came away with the win with 14.82 pounds.
Second place went to the team of Josh Warren and Mark Humphries.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The the trail is sponsored by A-1 Adams Bail Bond Agency, Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle, Shakey Head.Com, Jak’s Custom Baits, Koyote Fishing Tackle, Tru South Lures and The Great Outdoors.
The Thursday Night Tournament Trail is held every Thursday through Aug. 30 on Lake Wylie. Sign up the day of runs from 5:30 to 6:20 p.m. at Buster Boyd Access Area. Blastoff is at 6:30 p.m. with weigh-in at 11 p.m. For more information, visit lwtt.org.
Thursday Night Tournament Trail: May 3
1. Gene Webster, 14.82 lbs.
2. Josh Warren/Mark Humphries, 13.55
3. Bucky Helms/Jason Wilson, 12.68
4. Josh Featherstone/Bobby Spivey, 12.11
5. Ron Farrow/Carl Farrow, 11.26
6. Eric Brink/Tim Sabella, 10.84
7. Ken Moore, 10.36
8. Mike Sprouse/Bob Sprouse, 10.23
9. Nathan Williams/Jon Eisenhour, 9.83
10. Mike Perry, 9.25
11. Chad Schrader/Austin Schrader, 9.25
12. Rick Carson/Michael Carson, 9.22
13. Steve Addington/Matt Stout, 8.76
14. Rob Johnson/Matt Johnson, 8.60
15. Gene Sparks, 8.19
16. David Falls/Jeffery Bryant, 6.39
17. Patrick McSwain/Derek Abernathy, 2.90
Big fish: David Falls/Jeffery Bryant, 4.25