One-quarter of the teams fishing Aug. 23 in the Thursday Night Tournament Trail on Lake Wylie brought something to the scales at Buster Boyd Access Area.
“The fishing is still tough,” said trail co-organizer Erwin Gaston. “When fishing gets this tough, you need to fine-tune your skills and equipment.
“Your line needs to be in real good shape and the hooks need to be sharp because when you get a bite, you need to put the fish in the boat,” he said. “You can’t afford to miss any opportunities to catch a fish.”
Robby Smith and Brian Setzer capitalized on their opportunities, bringing in 13.64 pounds of bass to take the win. Bucky Helms and Steve Addington placed second with 10.21 pounds and the big fish of the night at 3.95 pounds.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
For information about the Thursday Night Tournament Trail and the past and present results, visit lwtt.org.
Sponsors of the TNTT are Dick’s Sporting Goods, A-1 Adams Bail Bond Agency, AAA Plumbing, Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle, Shakey Head.Com, Jak’s Custom Baits, Koyote Fishing Tackle, Tru South Lures and The Great Outdoors.
TNTT results: Aug. 23
1. Robby Smith/Brian Setzer, 13.64 lbs.
2. Bucky Helms/Steve Addington, 10.21
3. Walt Brysik/Ben Ruble, 9.61
4. John Eisenhour/Casey West, 9.58
5. Chad Schroder/Austin Schroder, 8.88
6. Ron Farrow/Roger Farrow, 7.01
7. Brandon Chandler/Austin Chandler, 6.84
8. Conrad Pogorzelski/Billy Wolf, 6.28
9. Gene Sparks/Ted Mobley, 4.58
10. Daniel Rappe/Allen Phillips, 2.99
Big fish: Bucky Helms/Steve Addington, 3.95