Thursday Night Tournament Trail heads into championship following tough summer season.
“Well the fish will be able to rest for a while. Thursday night was the last regular tournament for this year,” said trail co-organizer Erwin Gaston of the Aug. 30 event held weekly on Lake Wylie with launch and weigh-in at Buster Boyd Access Area.
Chad and Austin Schroder finished with a winning weight of 13.35 pounds and the catch of the night at 4.71 pounds in a field of 35 boats.
Conrad Pogorzelski and Billy Wolf finished second with 11.43 pounds.
The two-night championship tournament combining weights from both nights to determine the overall champion will be held Friday-Saturday, Sept. 7-8.
“The championship tournament is a no-entry fee tournament that requires the boater to fish 11 of the 22 tournament to qualify,” Gaston said.
“We will start back up next year with the Fishing For A Cure Tournament on March 29,” he said.
For information about the Thursday Night Tournament Trail and the past and present results, visit lwtt.org.
Sponsors of the TNTT are Dicks Sporting Goods, A-1 Adams Bail Bond Agency, AAA Plumbing, Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle, Shakey Head.Com, Jak’s Custom Baits, Koyote Fishing Tackle, Tru South Lures and The Great Outdoors.
TNTT results: Aug. 30
1. Chad Schroder/Austin Schroder, 13.35
2. Conrad Pogorzelski/Billy Wolf, 11.43
3. Wes May/Willy Nichols, 11.37
4. Matt Queen/Shane Lineberger, 10.52
5. Brian Huskins/Cole Huskins, 10.44
6. Taylor Romero/Tom Steward, 9.89
7. Ben Ruble/Walt Brysick, 9.74
8. Daniel Ruppe/Jeremy Lano, 9.68
9. Parks Jones/Daniel Hill, 9.22
10. Jay Adams, 8.72
11. Glenn Sparrow/Steven Sparrow, 8.19
12. Jarod Kimak/Gordon Smith, 8.00
13. Alan Shad/Ken Moore, 7.67
14. Dale Surrett/Lee Endicott, 6.91
15. Ed Parker, 5.11
16. Mike Smith, 5.11
17. Tony Hatten, 4.81
Big fish: Chad Schroder/Austin Schroder, 4.71