LAKE WYLIE Charlotte Power Squadron will hold a safe boating class from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.Saturday, April 13, at Lake Wylie Marina. Cost is $40 for materials. Another class will be held and May 11. For more information, call 704-365-5508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catfish Club tourney continues Saturday
The Catawba Catfish Club’s 2012-13 tournaments schedule continues:
• April 13, Lake Monticello, Highway 99 Access.
• Championship event for Catawba Catfish Club, May 4-5, Lake Wylie, Ebenezer Park.
For more information, visit catawbacatfishclub.com.
In-Water show this weekend
CHARLESTON The South Carolina Marine Association will host the annual In-Water Boat Show Friday-Sunday, April 12-14, at Daniel Island’s Waterfront Park in Charleston.
There will be boats in the water, boats on land, watercraft of all dimensions, marine education and safety exhibits, children’s activities and entertainment. For information, visit scinwaterboatshow.com and scmarine.org.
Go to Facebook to get questions answered
COLUMBIA Talk to South Carolina Department of Natural Resources expert Ross Self about freshwater fishing in South Carolina and S.C. DNR law enforcement starting at noon April 19 on Facebook. DNR employees will answer as many questions as possible in an hour. DNR plans to hold future talks with different experts from all of the divisions.
DNR announces fishing rodeos
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources continues to add dates to a series of free outdoor family events around the state. Youth ages 6-15 are encouraged to sign up for a fishing rodeo with specific times for most events to be determined.
Dates this month include:
• April 13, 8 a.m.-noon - The Ponds Fishing Rodeo (Dorchester County).
April 27, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Blue Heron Nature Center (Jasper County).
• May 4, 9 a.m.-noon, Star Fort Pond (Greenwood County)
• May 4, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Sunrise Lake (Lancaster County)
• May 11, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Draper WMA (York County)
• May 11, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Jimmy Shay Memorial Fishing Rodeo at Lick Fork Lake (Edgefield County)
• May 11, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Goose Creek Fishing Rodeo (Berkeley County)
• May 18, 8 a.m.-noon, Barnwell County
• May 18, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Darlington County (Rancho Road, Hartsville)
• May 18, 8 a.m.-noon, Foster Park Lake (Union County)
• May 18, 9 a.m.-noon, Piedmont Tree Nursery (Tamassee)
• June 1, 8 a.m.-noon, Chattooga River at Burrells Ford
Youth ages 6-15 must be accompanied by an adult, and no adult fishing will be allowed. Registration is required. Visit dnr.sc.gov or call 803-737-8483.
Apply for Conservation workshop
YORK COUNTY The York Soil & Water Conservation District will provide a full scholarship for a York County student to attend the 2013 South Carolina Conservation Districts Youth Workshop June 24-28 at Lander University in Greenwood. This is an opportunity for students to study the environment hands-on in the areas or wildlife, forestry and natural resource conservation. Students in ninth-12th grades are eligible to attend. Applications must be received by April 19. Call 803-684-3137, ext. 101, or email email@example.com.
Covekeepers meet at T-Bones
LAKE WYLIE The Covekeepers, volunteers who work with Catawba Riverkeeper, meet the second Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. at T-Bones on the Lake.
The public is invited. For more information or to report water issue concerns, visit catawbariverkeeper.org.
Marine group meets monthly
LAKE WYLIE Lake Wylie Marine Commission’s meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at various locations in York, Gaston and Mecklenburg counties.
They meet next April 22 at CMC – Steele Creek Healthcare Pavilion, 13640 Steelecroft Pkwy., Steele Creek.
The public is invited. For more information and meeting location, visit lakewyliemarinecommission.com.