The weights are still up, said Thursday Night Tournament Trail organizer Erwin Gaston about bass fishing on Lake Wylie.
On May 2, Mike Stephens and Jay Adams won with a hefty 20.49-pound bag out of 34 boats.
“One guy said they caught them shallow, and the other said they caught them deep,” Gaston said.
Brandon Chandler and Shawn Wallace grabbed second place with 18.35 pounds. Third place went to Mike and Bobby Spouse with a 17.05-pound bag.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The trail continues Thursdays at Buster Boyd Access Area with sign up starting at 5:15 p.m. and blast off at 6:30 p.m.
Trail sponsors are Greene’s Boat and Motor, Academy Sports, The Great Outdoors, A-1 Adams Bonds Agency, Koyote Tackle, True South Custom Lures, and Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle.
TNTT results: May 2
1. Mike Stephens/Jay Adams, 20.49
2. Brandon Chandler/Shawn Wallace, 18.35
3. Mike Spouse/Bobby Spouse, 17.05
4. Ron Farrow/Roger Farrow, 16.02
5. Hunter Hicks, 15.15
6. Robert Fowler/Steve Whitesides Jr., 15.07
7. Greg Williams/Brian Williams, 13.38
8. Brian Holder/Daniel Whitesides, 12.82
9. Jarod Kimak/Gordon Smith, 12.13
10. Chad Connor/Caleb Sinclair, 11.55
11. Russ Winters/David Winters, 11.36
12. Derek Nicely/Ryan Nicely, 10.00
13. Chad Taylor/Brad Gates, 9.78
14. Ben Ruble/Walt Brysaik, 9.65
15. Roger Milan/Matthew Forester, 7.38
16. Nathan Willims/John Eisenhour, 6.88
Big fish: Mike Stephens/Jay Adams, 5.80