The summer fishing has arrived, say organizers of the weekly Thursday Night Tournament Trail on Lake Wylie.
With wake boarders flying in the air, bass boats zipping up and down the lake, pontoons out for a cruise and Jet Skis weaving around them, “Man, I love summertime,” said trail co-organizer Erwin Gaston.
“Most of the bass are being caught deep with a few up shallow around boat docks,” Gaston said after the May 30 tournament with 42 boats. “The water temperature has reached 80 degree, and the lake is clear south of Buster Boyd and slightly stained up the river.”
The trail continues Thursdays at Buster Boyd Access Area with sign up starting at 5:15 p.m. and blast off at 6:30 p.m.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Trail sponsors are Greene’s Boat and Motor, Academy Sports, The Great Outdoors, A-1 Adams Bonds Agency, Koyote Tackle, True South Custom Lures, and Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle.
TNTT results: May 30
1. Russ Winters/David Winters, 16.44
2. Adam Filmore/Matt Queen, 14.08
3. Rob Digh/Bob Furstenberg, 13.76
4. Mike Perry, 12.50
5. Jay Adams, 12.48
6. Michael McDuffee/Casey West, 12.29
7. Mike Stevens/Hunter Hicks, 12.17
8. Gene Webster/Britt Myers, 12.12
9. David Clanton/Kyle Whisenant, 10.55
10. Greg Williams/Brian Williams, 9.85
11. Rick Carson/James Clemons, 8.55
12. Steven Sparrow/Tyler Brown, 7.73
13. Conrad Pogorzelski/Billy Wolf, 7.69
14. Mike Smith/Bob Zerbe, 7.60
15. Gerald Ramsey/Gerald Ramsey Jr., 3.90
16. Mike Fuda/Larry Phillips, 2.87
Big fish: Rob Digh/Bob Furstenberg, 4.48