One big fish tips scales in angler’s favor at the June 27 Thursday Night Tournament Trail.
“Lake Wylie still has some big bass lunkering around in the lake,” said Erwin Gaston, who runs the trail tournament with Jeremy Cabe.
Gaston said Mike Smith found a 7-pounder that gave him enough weight for the win. There were 40 boats.
“Mike caught the bass pitching a jig around boat docks,” Gaston said.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
There will be no tournament Thursday, July 4, but will return July 11. The trail is held Thursdays at Buster Boyd Access Area with sign up starting at 5:15 p.m. and blast off at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit lwtt.org.
Sponsors for the Thursday Night Tournament Trail are Greene’s Boat and Motor, Academy Sports, Kangaroo Express, The Great Outdoors, A-1 Adams Bonds Agency, Koyote Tackle, True South Custom Lures, and Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle.
TNTT results: June 27
1. Mike Smith, 13.37
2. Hunter Hicks/Mike Stephens, 12.84
3. Steve Addington/Scott Beattie, 12.03
4. Rick Carson/James Clemmons, 11.52
5. Gordon Smith/Jarod Kimak, 11.34
6. Todd Lawrence/Scott Guyot, 10.36
7. Joe Marks/Anthony Marks, 10.33
8. Shawn Wallace/Gettys Brannon, 10.05
9. Derek Lilly, 9.74
10. George Bauchen/Ed Parker, 9.66
11. Erwin Gaston/Jeremy Cabe, 9.42
12. Glen Sparrow/Steven Sparrow, 9.39
13. Lee Endicott/Josh Murton, 8.21
14. Todd Sosebee/Isaac Sosebee, 8.17
15. Walt Brysick/Ben Reubel, 8.01
16. Allan Shad/Ken Moore, 5.64
17. Anthony Leech/Tonya Hoyle, 2.82
Big fish: Mike Smith, 7.01