Members of the Clover High School swim team made their presence felt during the Oct. 11 state swim meet at the University of South Carolina Natatorium.
Clover head swim coach Joan Epping, who’s raised the team’s performance level in recent years, said she was pleased with the number of swimmers competing at a high level.
“We had an amazing meet,” she said. “Brice Beverely was especially amazing in the boys’ meet.”
The team placed 11th in the state meet.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
The 200-yard freestyle relay team of Wade Summer, Oscar Onoszko, Seth Hurst and Brice Beverely placed third with a time of 1:30.20, said Epping.
“Later, the same relay team was seeded ninth, and, once again, we placed third for one more visit to the podium,” Epping said.
Beverely was seeded No. 11 in the 200-yard individual medley and placed third with a time of 1:59.10.
He also took fourth in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 52.89.
Other boys’ participants:
• Onoszko placed 12th in 200 freestyle with a time of 1:51.19.
• Hurst placed 18th in the 50 freestyle with a time of 23.30 and placed 17th in 100 breaststroke at 1:04.30.
• Summer placed 14th in 50 freestyle at 23.01 and finished 12th in 100 freestyle with a time of 50.76.
The Clover girls’ swim team placed 12th overall in the state finals.
The 200-yard medley relay team of Kelcey Hines, Morgan Rulevich, Anna Pettus and Audrey Hines placed eighth at 1:56.53.
The 400-yard freestyle relay team, comprised of the same foursome, placed ninth with a 3:49.78.
Morgan Rulevich, one of the top swimmers in the state, placed second in 24.06. She placed third in the 100-yard breaststroke at 1:05.35.
Other girls’ participants:
• Pettus placed eighth in the 100-yard breastroke at 1:08.83. She placed eighth in the 200-yard individual medley at 2:14.31.
• Kelcey Hinesplaced 25th in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 26.61. She placed 33rd in the 100-yard freestyle with 58.98.
• Audrey Hines placed 30th in the 100-yard breastroke.