Healing seminar Jan. 30-31 at Good Sam
LAKE WYLIE Good Samaritan United Methodist Church, 5220 Crowders Cove Road, is offering Health and Healing: A Biblical Perspective, a seminar led by Dixie Wagner Jan. 30-31.
Times are 7-8:15 p.m. Jan. 30 and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Jan. 31, lunch included free. Explore what the Bible says about health and well being, why some are healed and not others, what bearing emotions and spirituality have on physical wellness, and the role of the church in modern healthcare.
To RSVP, call the church at 803-831-0304.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Other community programs at the church are:
• PACE running group meets 8 a.m. Saturdays at the church. There will be a devotion with Pastor Jason Everson, then break into pace groups to run. Everyone welcome to join any time.
• Learning to Pray, a four-week study 10:15-11:15 a.m. Sundays at the church. No materials fees. Everyone welcome.
• Exodus, men’s group led by Everson studying the Old Testament book 6-7 a.m. Wednesdays.
• The Prayer Shaped Disciple, nine-week study based on the book by Dan R. Crawford, meets 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays at the home of Rob and Dixie Wagner, 516 Otter Run Drive, Lake Wylie. To RSVP, call the church at 803-831-0304.
• Prayer: Does it Make a Difference?, a study based on the book by Philip Yancy meets 9-10 a.m. Fridays in the home of Rebecca Peeler, 217 Tributary Drive, Rock Hill. To RSVP, call the church at 803-831-0304.
• Divine Healing Ministry Chapter of the International Order of St. Luke holds a healing service the fourth Saturday of the month.
Visit goodsamumc.org for information about the church and its programs.
Church plans soup, stew supper
BOWLING GREEN Bowling Green Presbyterian Church, 250 Ridge Road, will hold its annual vegetable soup and oyster stew supper 4-7 p.m. Jan. 31.
Homemade desserts also will be served. In the event of inclement weather, the supper will be rescheduled for Feb. 7.
Church hosts comedy couple
STEELE CREEK A Night of Comedy with Barnes & Miner will be held 7:30 p.m. March 7 at Christ the King Church.
Married in 2002, Amy Barnes and Jerry Miner share a stage across the country performing their unique brand of tag team comedy.
Tickets cost $10. For information, visit CtKCharlotte.org/ComedyNight.
Family Night Wednesdays
LAKE WYLIE River Hills Community Church, 104 Hamilton’s Ferry Road, holds Wednesday Family Night through May.
Adult studies begin at 5:15 p.m., followed by dinner in the gym at 6:15 p.m. with children and adult classes afterward. Dinner costs $6 for adults and $3 for children.
Family night is open to the community and the first dinner is free.
Call 803-831-1615 or visit rhcconline.org.
New Life Purpose offering Bible study, therapy sessions
CLOVER New Life Purpose Christian Ministries offers Community Conventional Bible Studies at 7 p.m. Thursdays at Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church in Steele Creek.
The Rev. Ricou L. Williams of New Life Purpose said the aim is to provide participants with more than the average traditional Bible lesson by discussing methods used to evaluate and develop a concept of Biblical studies from a Theological perspective.
New Life Purpose also is holding Take 2 Enhancement sessions to help people dealing with substance abuse or mental health instabilities in therapeutic groups to enhance recovery. These sessions will cater to family members with loved ones suffering from these conditions and individuals considering careers working with substance abuse and mental health issues. North Carolina Mental Health Consumers and National Alliance for Mental Illness will help facilitate these sessions.
The health organizations are also offering certifications for licensure for peer support specialists and social work services.
To participate, call 980-322-4161 or email email@example.com.
Community Café serves lunch Tuesdays
LAKE WYLIE The Community Café offers free weekly lunches 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesdays at Lake Wylie Christian Assembly.
The Café at Lake Wylie Lutheran Church in Fort Mill serves lunch 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays.
Donations are accepted. Call 330-289-1243.