Here at Carolina Angler Team Trail we are in the beginning stage of organizing a new trail for 2010. We are teaming up with Green Boat & Motor in Spindale, N.C., and the lakes will include Wateree, Murray, Norman and Wylie. Entry fee will be in the $120 range and will involve six qualifying tournaments.
A team will only have to fish four qualifiers to be eligible to enter the championship. Great prizes and raffles, plus you will be fed at each tournament. First place at the championship will be a bass boat. This will be a separate trail from CATT, and CATT will not be making any changes.
The CATT 2009 Lake Wylie Spring Trail is a wrap, and after the final, we will have had the best spring at Wylie since we started in 2002. We are up to a total of 62 teams eligible to enter the final and all have qualified for the CATT Classic May 30-31. Look for a huge payback May 16 at the CATT Wylie final with a minimum of $3,000 going to first place. Stratus 2X, Triton Gold and SKeeter Reel Money also are in effect so there are a lot of ways to add to your winnings. In 2010, we are working to add the Ranger Cup Program.
Louie Hull of Casar, N.C., and Chuck Montgomery of Grover, N.C., doubled their winnings Saturday under the Stratos 2X program as they brought in five bass weighing 15 pounds, 3 ounces to take home $550 for finishing first. They will collect another $550 from Stratos boats pushing their total winnings up to $1,100. Louie and Chuck are over the $8,500 mark in CATT winnings.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Second place went to Tim Chapman of Kings Mountain, N.C., and Eddie Smith of Gastonia, N.C., had another great day on the lake with a limit weighing 14 pounds, 14 ounces for $30. Also they are the point champs and will receive free entry and boat No. 1 at the final.
Coming in third were Gary Michaud of Chesnee and Doc McDaniel of Mooresboro, N.C., collecting $200. Taking home $100 for their fourth-place finish was the team of Tom Russell and Doug Gilmer, both of Fort Mill. They weighed in five bass at 12 pounds, 12 ounces.
The Spring Wylie Final is May 16 with more than 60 teams eligible to enter. The final fund stands at $2,130 and Arthur State Bank is adding $500 to the purse. We are looking at paying back more than $10,000.
CATT results: April 25
• Thursday Night Team Trail: Through August from 6:30 to 11 p.m. at Buster Boyd Access Area. Entry fee costs $40; membership is $5 per angler per year. Register at the ramp between 5:30-6:20 p.m.
• SAC: The Lake Wylie division of the Southern Anglers Challenge series continues on the following dates: May 9 and June 6 launching from Buster Boyd Access. For more information, call tournament director Jeremy Cabe at 803-322-1794 or visit southernanglerschallenge.com.
• CATT: The Carolina Angler's Team Trail 2009 spring final will be held May 16 at Buster Boyd Access. The CATT Classic will be held May 30-31 on Lake Wateree. Visit carolinaanglersteamtrail.com.
• NBC PRO SERIES: 2009 Catawba Division tournament will be held June 28 and Sept. 12 on Lake Wylie, launching from safe light to 3 p.m. from Buster Boyd Access. For more information, visit national-bass.com.
Send tournament news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Louie Hull/Chuck Montgomery, 15.03
2. Tim Chapman/Eddie Smith, 14.14
3. Gary Michaud/Doc McDaniel, 14.09
4. Tom Russell/Doug Gilmer, 12.12
5. Joe Hansil/Chester Ragland, 12.06
6. Mike McWhirter/Matt Burdette, 12.01
7. Greg Clayton/Jay Adams, 11.14
8. Chad Lail/ Rick LaMountain, 11.05
9. Bron Hemphill/Bradley Woodie, 11.04
10. Darryl Watson/Ken McFarland, 11.01
11. Ken Clark/Al Edwards, 8.12
12. Hugh Moss/Joe Estes, 8.04
13. Donnis Hanshaw/Todd Moss, 7.05
14. Tommy King/Clayton King, 6.07
BIG FISH: Greg Clayton/Jay Adams, 5.08
2nd BIG FISH: Mike McWhirter/Matt Burdette, 5.02