Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department presents The Active Recreation Plan, a recreation stimulus package to help beat a tough economy and get summer back on track. TARP offers a variety of free or moderately priced activities for children, individuals and families.
1. CLANK -- the chains at any of our seven disc golf courses.
2. HANG TEN -- at Grayson Skate Park.
3. TROT -- ride horseback through Latta Nature Preserve.
4. PONY UP -- pony rides for kids at Latta Equestrian Center.
5. SPLASH -- with great fun at Ray's Splash Planet
6. GET FIT -- work out and tone-up at our eight fitness centers.
7. COOL OFF -- in fountains and under spouts at our five spraygrounds.
8. GOOD NATURE -- visit three themed nature centers, including McDoweel Nature Preserve in Steele Creek.
9. FETCH -- with man's best friend at one of our 5 dog parks.
10. GO GREEN -- walk, bike or skate on 33 miles of greenways.
11 ACE -- serve up your best shot on our tennis courts.
12. FORE -- play a round of golf at any of our four golf courses
13. GET WET -- swim indoors at the Aquatic Center, Marion Diehl Pool or our outdoor pools
14. PICNIC -- in many parks. Ants not invited.
15. SEGWAY -- tour through the beautiful terrain at Latta Plantation Equestrian Center.
16. GIGGLE -- while frolicking at any one of dozens of playgrounds.
17. CAMP OUT -- in the woods, near the lake at McDowell Campground and Nature Preserve.
18. DAY CAMP -- enroll in a weekly session at a recreation center near home or parent's work.
19. HIKE -- on miles of wooded trails at our nature preserves.
20. GO FISH -- at eleven Park and Recreation ponds and lakes.
For more information, visit parkandrec.com.