Don't miss this:
The first Fort Mill SpringFest Photography Competition invites all amateur photographers to submit up to two of their favorite photos. Five categories: People, Wildlife, Landscapes, Still Life, or Sports/Action. Deadline is noon Friday, April 25. Entries can be dropped off at Fort Mill Town Hall on Confederate Street. Vist www.fortmillspringfest.com.
• Identity Theft Seminar, 7 p.m. Thursday, April 17, in the Spratt Building on Main Street in Fort Mill. Police and other experts will share information to guard against identity theft. The public is invited. Sponsored by the Woman's Club of Fort Mill.
• Blues festival, featuring live music 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, April 19, at McHale's, 1820 Gold Hill Road, Fort Mill. $5. Kids 10 and younger no charge. Call 548-2151.
• Candidates forum, 7 p.m. Thursday, April 17, in the Indian Land Middle School gym. Sponsored by ILAC.
• Spring Pick-Me-Up, sponsored by the Tega Cay Beautification Committee, will be held 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, April 19. Call Patty Martin at 802-8727 or Dellree Whitehead 548-4113.
• Horse show, 2 p.m. Saturday, April 19, at Larkspur Ranch, 6717 Charlotte Hwy., Lancaster. Visit www.larkspurranch.com.
• Carolina Bronze, a handbell ensemble, will perform a concert at Philadelphia United Methodist Church of Fort Mill, 1691 Hwy. 160 West, at 6 p.m. Sunday, April 20. Admission is free, but a love offering will be accepted for the performers.
• Beach Bash and Boogie, 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. Saturday, April 19, at the USC-Lancaster Bradley Arts and Science Building. Benefit for Lancaster County First Steps book program. Tax-deductible Tickets are $35 each and includes heavy hors d'oeuvres and beverages. Call (803) 286-8000.
• Book club for adults, 1 p.m. Monday, April 21. Discuss ""The March" by E. L. Doctorow at the Fort Mill Public Library. Call 547-4114 to register.
• AARP Drivers Safety, program for ages 50 and older 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, April 21-22 at the Leroy Springs Complex. To register, call 547-4575 or 547-4553.
• Talent show auditions, underway for the "Hey, Look What We Can Do" talent show at St. Philip Neri Catholic Church. Visit www.saintphilipneri.org.
• Free workshop, on discovering goals and paths to success. Learn the best ways to achieve more in life. 6:30 p.m. Monday, April 21, at Kane Family Chiropractic, 856 Gold Hill Road, suite 103, Fort Mill. To reserve a seat, call Kelly at 802-6637.
• "The Mousetrap," a Fort Mill Community Playhouse dinner theater production. Runs Thursday, April 24, to Saturday, April 26. For tickets, visit www.fortmillplayhouse.com and Crossings on Academy Street in Fort Mill.
• Mother/Daughter Teddy Bear Tea Party, 2-3 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Fort Mill Branch YMCA. For ages 5 to 10. Bring your favorite teddy bear. $20 for members, $25 for non-members for mom and a daughter and $7 for additional adults or children. Call 548-8020, ext. 259.
• Girls on the Run, hosts its fourth annual race at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the Baxter Community Center in Fort Mill. For girls 8-13. Register online at www.gotrtricountysc.org or at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex on Tom Hall Street.
• Cookies for a Cure, Sample delicious homemade cookies and bid on silent auction items. 2-4 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Regal Manor Clubhouse. Benefits the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Tickets are $10 for adults or $20 per family. Call 548-6488.
• SpringFest,The Town of Fort Mill's new, official spring event, will be held Saturday, May 3, at Walter Elisha Park. Food, music and more.