Times takes home eight ad awards
The Fort Mill Times and its sister newspapers won 14 awards in the South Carolina Press Association's 2007 Advertising Awards contest.
The awards were announced last Thursday night at the annual Palmy Awards banquet in Columbia.
The winning entries for the Fort Mill Times (10,001 to 30,000 category) are:
• First place, automotive products and services, Misty Hall and Stephanie Garrett, for Fairway Fuel
• Second place, two or more colors, Sherry Avant and Stephanie Garrett, for Firehouse Steakhouse
• Second place, more than half-page, Misty Hall and Heather Mayoros, for Century 21 First Choice
• Second place, drug/ beverage/ grocery ad, Misty Hall and Stephanie Garrett, for The Peach Stand
• Third place: best niche publication, Fort Mill Times staff, for Focus on Fort Mill Township Magazine
• Third place, nonprofit/ community service, Sherry Avant and Stephanie Garrett, for Christmas Eve candlelight service at Real Life Assembly
• Third place, best small space ad, Sherry Avant and Stephanie Garrett, for Leg Up Equestrian
• Third place, entertainment ad, Gina Turner and Heather Mayoros, for Beef O' Brady's
Gibson joins Chase in Fort Mill
Chase, one of the nation's leading residential housing lenders, recently announced that Kevin Gibson joined the company as a loan officer based in Chase's Fort Mill office located at 1171 Market Street.
Gibson, a resident of Charlotte, joins Chase with six years of experience in the mortgage industry. Prior to working in the mortgage industry, Gibson attended St. Petersburg College in Florida.
--compiled by staff