Don't miss this:
Youth theater, The Fort Mill Community Playhouse youth production of "Pollyanna" will be presented at 7:30 p.m. July 10-12 and at 3 p.m. July 13, at the Banks Street theater. For more information, call 548-8102 or visit www.fortmillplayhouse.org.
• Basketball barbecue, 9 a.m. Saturday, July 12, at Harris Street park. Play and eat. First come, first served. All teams and coaches welcome. All free. Call Wes Robertson at (803) 370-6787.
• Art exhibit, and sale. Works created by local children and teens, 5-8 p.m. Friday, July 11, at Bob Doster's Backstreet Gallery, 217 East Gay Street, Lancaster. Call (803) 285-9190 or (803) 287-7853 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Toddler Time, 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Thursday, July 10, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time with songs, finger plays and movement activities for children 24 to 35 months and their parent or caregiver.
• Booster Club fundraiser, Sign up now for the Fort Mill School District Band Booster Club's annual charity golf tournament with a shotgun start at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 31, at the Regent Park Golf Course. This event is open to all golfers and hackers interested in supporting arts for all students. It supports the needs in the Fort Mill school system by purchasing instruments and providing scholarships for gifted students. Call (704) 217-3230.
• Puppet show, "Big Bad, Little Red, Pig Show" 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Hilarious fun ensues as two classic children's stories are squished together.
• Help the Humane Society of York County, and have fun at the same time at a golf tournament fundraiser that begins at noon Wednesday, July 16, at the Tega Cay Golf Club. Four-Person Captain's Choice (bring your own team). $90 entry fee includes cart, range balls and lunch. Prizes will be awarded. Hole Sponsors Available $75. All proceeds will benefit the Humane Society of York County. For more information, call Erik Baddeley at 547-0170 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Productions Porkchop Productions, presents "The Ugly Duckling" - with maybe a few funny changes - 10-10:45 a.m. Tuesday, July 21, at the Lancaster County Public Library. Call 285-1502.
• The Fort Mill High School Class of 1994, is organizing a reunion and is trying to contact all former class members. For more information about the reunion, or to update your contact information with the reunion committee, contact Abby Rodgers Haberkam at email@example.com or Sara George Meacham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Ugly Duckling, 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Colorful characters, big laughs and audience participation mean fun for all in this whimsical adaptation of the classic tale about a misfit duckling trying to find her place in the world.
• Live blues and jazz, and more at BacInTyme Coffee Café at 124 Confederate St., Fort Mill. Friday and Saturday evenings and poetry readings 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays. Call 802-7155.
• Catch the reading bug, this summer at the Lancaster County Library and discover the amazing world of insects. The 2008 Summer Reading Program is open to young people, preschool through 12 years old with programs, prize drawings, story times, puppet shows and more. Call (803) 285-1502.
• Line dance lessons continue, sponsored by the Lancaster Shag Club, each Thursday through the summer. 7 p.m. at the Lancaster Moose Lodge, 200 Moose Dr., Lancaster. Cost is $2 per person per lesson. For details, contact Lancaster Shag Club President Nita Brown at (803) 286-5694.