Don't Miss This:
"River Ramblers: Nation Ford and the Future Museum on the Catawba" 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11. Learn about the natural and cultural history of the area. Must be 18 or older. $20 for CHM members, $25 for non-members. Register by calling Barbara Ardrey at 981-9182 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Adult acrylic art classes, at the Fort Mill Branch YMCA 6-8 p.m. for four weeks beginning Wednesday, Oct. 8. $75 (supplies not included) or $95 (supplies included). Register at the Fort Mill Branch YMCA. Call Karen at 548-8020, ext. 259.
• Adult watercolors art classes, at the Fort Mill Branch YMCA 1-3 p.m. for four weeks beginning Wednesday, Oct. 8. $75 (supplies not included) or $95 (supplies included). Register at the Fort Mill Branch YMCA. Call Karen at 548-8020, ext. 259.
• Youth concert, 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11, at All Nations Church, 360 Hammond Rd., Fort Mill. Live music by Jay L. (Christian Reggae/Hip-Hop) and MAFIA (Men After I Am - Christian Rap/Hip-Hop). Fun prizes, games, a DJ and an after party with hot dogs. For ages 12 and older. Free. Call (704) 543-7272.
• Fish fry, hosted by the Fort Mill VFW 3-6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11. $7 a plate (eat in or take out). Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door, but only 200 plates are available. Call 547.5480 or visit www.vfw9138.org.
• Live theater, the Community Playhouse of Lancaster County will present the smash musical comedy "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" Oct. 10-18. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Yard and bake sale, held by the Zoar United Methodist Women 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Oct. 11. A jewelry table is scheduled and sausage biscuits, juice and drinks, popcorn and sno-cones will be available. Call Phyllis Foster at 548-5254.
• Casting call, the Rock Hill Community Theatre announces auditions for a staged reading of "It's a Wonderful Best Little Christmas Story Ever Told That Could." Actors of all ages are needed. Auditions are 5-7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11, and 7-9 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 12. Call 324-2578 or send an e-mail email@example.com
• Dinner theater, "The Gospel According to Tennessee" is closing for the 2008 season at Narroway Productions, 3346 Hwy. 21, Fort Mill. Various dates and times. Call 802-2300.
• Grab your cowboy hat, and boots and head on down to the Fort Mill Elementary School PTO fall festival 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18. The western theme festival will feature a mechanical bull, games, inflatables and lots of family fun.
• "Art in Sun City," 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at the Lake House in Sun City Carolina Lakes, located off Hwy. 521 in Indian Land. Proceeds will help local charities. Entertainment and music will be provided by the Performing Arts Club, the Sun City Line Dancers and resident musicians. Specialty food items will also be available. The public is invited.
• Bazaar and tag sale, at Lake Wylie Lutheran Church, 2906 Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill, 7 a.m.- 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 18. Craft booths, games for kids with prizes, food and more.
• Fall Festival and costume contest, organized by the Fort Mill Downtown Association will be held at 5 p.m. on Halloween, Friday, Oct. 31, on Main Street in Fort Mill. The costume contest will be held at 6:30 p.m. All local businesses wishing to participate and/or donate prizes should call Keith Sandvoss or Diane Sykes at 802-4310.
• Guided nature walk, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, Oct. 25. Meet at Field Trial Barn for walk along Steele Creek. Call 547-0234 or 548-7252.