Don't Miss This:
Grab your cowboy hat and boots and head on down to the Fort Mill Elementary School PTO fall festival 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18. The western-themed festival will feature a mechanical bull, games, inflatables and lots of family fun.
• Curious George movie matinee, 4 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Kids will enjoy a Curious George book and movie, play games and have refreshments. Call 547-4114 to register.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald
• "Art in Sun City," 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at the Lake House in Sun City Carolina Lakes, located off Hwy. 521 in Indian Land. Various clubs, including Pottery for Pleasure, Sew Much Fun and the Woodworker's Guild, will be showing and selling their creations. A portion of the profits will be donated to local charities.
• Bazaar and tag sale, at Lake Wylie Lutheran Church, 2906 Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 18. Shop for household items, knick knacks and more. Food, games and prizes.
• Book club for adults, 1 p.m. Monday, Oct. 20, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Discuss "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen on Oct. 20, 1 p.m. Call 547-4114 to register.
• AARP Drivers Safety, program for people 50 and older 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Oct. 20-21, at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex, 701 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill. $10. You do not have to be an AARP member. To register, call 547-4575 or 547-4553.
• Community Health Fair, at the Fort Mill Branch YMCA, 7:30-10:30 a.m. Monday, Oct. 20, and 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21. Screenings include blood sugar, cholesterol and PSA. Prices range from $10 to $30. Many vendors. Call 548-8020, ext. 259.
• Blood drive, 8 a.m.-noon Monday, Oct. 20, and 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21, at the Fort Mill Branch YMCA. Call 548-8020 to schedule an appointment.
• Flu shots, at the Fort Mill Branch YMCA 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21, by Cindy Caldwell, RN, of Carolina Occupational Health and Wellness. $25. Must be at least 4 years old and not allergic to eggs. Call 548-8020, ext. 259.
• Dinner theater, "The Gospel According to Tennessee" is closing for the 2008 season at Narroway Productions, 3346 Hwy. 21, Fort Mill. Various dates and times. Call 802-2300.
• Live theater, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," 7:30 p.m. Oct. 22-25 and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 26, at Nation Ford High School. Tickets cost $8 for adults and $5 for students. For tickets in advance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Blood drives, 2-7:30 p.m. Wednesday Oct. 22, at St. Phillip Neri Catholic Church, 292 Munn Rd. Fort Mill, and 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, at Fort Mill High School, 118 Munn Rd., Fort Mill.
• The Democratic Women luncheon, 11:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 24, at Fishbone Grille in Fort Mill. $12. All are welcome. RSVP by Monday, Oct. 20, by calling (803) 631-5360.
• Guided nature walk, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, Oct. 25. Meet at Field Trial Barn for a walk along Steele Creek. Call 547-0234 or 548-7252.
• Oktoberfest, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at John's United Methodist Church, 130 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill. Bake and stew sale, crafts, silent auction, vendors, pumpkins and children's activity area with inflatables.
• Fall Festival and Halloween costume contest, organized by the Fort Mill Downtown Association, starting at 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31, on Main Street in Fort Mill. The costume contest will be held at 6:30 p.m. Local businesses wishing to participate and/or donate prizes should call Keith Sandvoss or Diane Sykes at 802-4310.