Don't miss this!
Bedtime stories with Santa 6:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 8, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Wear pajamas and hear wintertime stories. Enjoy refreshments and a special visitor. All ages welcome.
• Casting Call, the Community Playhouse of Lancaster County will hold auditions for "Inherit the Wind" 9 -11 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 29, 2-5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 30, and 7:30-9:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 1. Parts for men, women and children. Visit www.lancasterplayhouse.com.
• Live theater, "The Real Christmas Story" runs weekends through Sunday, Dec. 21, at NarrowWay Theater, 3346 Hwy. 21, Fort Mill. Various times. Call 802-2300 or visit www.narroway.net.
• Winter Wonderland Crafts Show, 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 29, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn off Springfield Pkwy. Call 548-7252. Editor's note: Please see our story on page 8B.
• Arbor Day, will be celebrated by the City of Tega Cay at 1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5, at Trail Head Park. The Tega Cay Beautification Committee will plant a tree in memory of Rachael Lutz. Call Patty Martin at 802-8727 or Dellree Whitehead at 548-4113.
• Christmas crafts fair, Friday-Sunday, Dec. 5-7, at MorningStar Ministries, 375 Star Light Drive, Fort Mill. Crafts, games, entertainment and more. 5-8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday.
• Learn to knit, with the Carolinas Chain Gang 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, Dec. 6, at the Fort Mill Public Library in Baxter Village. Call Treva McCain at 704-219-6322.
• "Nutcracker Twist" performed by the Palmetto Youth Dance Company, 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, in the Fort Mill High School auditorium. Tickets cost $10 for adults and $5 for children and students. Visit www.pydc.net or call 547-7414.
• Learn yoga and help the humane society, Kairos Yoga Preview Days are now on at The Gym, 214 Main Street, Fort Mill, at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 9, 11 and 13. Love donation of $5 for the class. Proceeds benefit the Humane Society of York County. Call 230-5406 or visit www.timeforyoga.com.
• Christmas concert, The Philly Concert Series welcomes back Carolina Bronze for a Christmas handbell concert at 7 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 7, at Philadelphia United Methodist Church, 1691 Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill.
• Casting call, for the Fort Mill Community Theatre production of Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt's musical, "The Fantasticks" at 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 8-9, at 615 Banks Street, Fort Mill. Call 548-8102 or send an e-mail to JStevenson328@gmail.com.
• At the library, the Fort Mill Public Library has the following events: A book club for adults will meet to discuss "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 10. Also, a Rockin' Holidays for Teens with video and board games will be held 5-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 16. For students in grades six through 12. To register for either program, call 547-4114.
• Bingo and good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Guitar lessons, at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex. Start from the basics and build from there. Lessons are available in acoustic and electric; all styles and skills levels are taught. Private lessons available. $70/members, $80/non-members. Call 547-4575.
• Learn karate, for self defense, sport, fitness and fun at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex. Times vary.
• Storytelling time, 11 a.m. every Friday at SweeTreats on Market Street in Baxter Village. Bring the kids and hear stories read by a variety of local volunteers.