Don't miss this!
Beach music party and silent auction, 7-11 p.m. Friday, Jan. 9, at the Clebourne House in downtown Fort Mill. Live music by The Fantastic Shakers. Proceeds benefit the Fort Mill High School Choral Boosters. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fortmillchorus.com
• Free pet food, is available courtesy of the Humane Society of Lancaster County. Food for dogs and cats will be available at the HSLC office at 126 S. Main Street, Lancaster, while supplies last. No purchase required. For more information, call 803-285-LOVE.
• New Year's Eve open house at Belle Vive Spa and Wellness Center, 134 Clebourne St., Fort MIll. Refreshments and live music. Noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 31. Call 548-8772.
• Visit the Museum of York County, free of charge Sunday, Jan, 4. It's your last chance to see "River Docs: A Catawba River Narrative." It is the culmination of a year-long documentation project sponsored by the Culture & Heritage Museums and The Light Factory. The first 50 families will receive a free copy of the exhibit catalog filled with photographs and essays focusing on the Catawba River. Other programs include stunning nature photography and objects found by Bill Stokes while kayaking the Catawba, and Carolina Skies, a special planetarium program. Call 329-2121 or visit www.chmuseums.org.
• Grand opening celebration, noon Friday, Jan. 9, and 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 10, at Pawsabilities, 2036 Carolina Place, Fort Mill, the new thrift store operated by the Humane Society of York County. Call 802-0902 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
• At the YMCA, sign up now for several new programs taking place in January. Offerings include Homeschool Art Jan. 12-Feb. 16 for ages 6-11; Homeschool Crocheting Jan. 12-Feb. 16 and adult crocheting. For more information and to register, call Karen at 548- 8020, ext. 259.
• Country, Bluegrass and Gospel Hall of Fame, awards show 6 p.m. Friday, Jan. 16, at Harrison United Methodist Church, 15008 Lancaster Hwy. Call 1-704-578-6496.
• Be-Bop to Hip-Hop, a live musical event for teens 6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 18, at the Children's Theatre of Charlotte. This entertainment and educational event is limited to 250 attendees. Call 704-973-2781 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Story time, 11 a.m. every Friday at SweeTreats on Market Street in Baxter Village.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call 803-285-1502.
• "Once Upon a Lap," Stories, songs, movement activities and more at the Fort Mill Public Library. Program for infants aged birth-13 months. Mondays, Nov. 19-Dec. 17. Registration required. Call 547-4114.
• Guitar lessons, at the Leroy Springs Recreation Center. Start from the basics and build from there. $96/member, $106/non-member; Four, one-hour sessions per month. Call 547-4575.
• Learn karate, for self defense, sport, fitness and fun at the Leroy Springs Recreation Center. Times vary.
• Fancy footwork, line and couples dancing lessons are available at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mondays. No registration necessary. Cost is $5 per session. Visit www.billandapril.com.
• The Mother Goose Rhyme Time, for ages 4-6 includes stories, rhymes, puppets and crafts at the Lancaster Public LibraryCall (803) 285-1502.