Don't miss this!
Beach music party and silent auction, 7-11 p.m. Friday, Jan. 9, at the Clebourne House in downtown Fort Mill. Live music by The Fantastic Shakers. All proceeds benefit the Fort Mill High School Choral Boosters. For more information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fortmillchorus.com
• Blood drive, 2:30-7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 8, at St. John's United Methodist Church, 130 Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill.
• Grand opening celebration, noon Friday, Jan. 9, and 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 10, at Pawsabilities, 2036 Carolina Place, Fort Mill, the new thrift store operated by the Humane Society of York County. Call 802-0902 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Book clubs for adults, 1 p.m. Monday, Jan. 12, at the Fort Mill Library.
Disicuss "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Our Natural World Book Club, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 13, at the Fort Mill Library. Discuss "World Without Us" by Alan Weisman and timely environmental issues. Call 547-4114 to register.
• At the YMCA, sign up now for several new programs taking place in January. Offerings include Homeschool Art Jan. 12 - Feb. 16 for ages 6-11; Homeschool Crocheting Jan. 12 - Feb. 16 and adult crocheting. For more information and to register, call Karen at 548- 8020, ext. 259.
• Art Guild of Fort Mill, will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 13. Keynote speaker will be Carla Garrison, owner of Green-Rice Gallery in the NoDa section of Charlotte. For more information, visit www.fortmillartguild.com or contact Marcia Kort Buike at firstname.lastname@example.org or 548-3159.
• Casting call, for the Community Playhouse of Lancaster County production of "Gypsy" 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Jan. 12-13 in Stevens Auditorium located on the USC Lancaster Campus, 426 Hubbard Drive, Lancaster. Positions are available for actors, singers and dancers of all ages. For more information, visit www.lancasterplayhouse.com.
• See an exhibition, or works by Fort Mill artist Monique Luck now through Saturday, Jan. 31, at the City Hall Rotunda Gallery, 155 Johnston St., Rock Hill. For more information, call 328-2787.
• Evening Book Club, 6:30 p.m.Wednesday, Jan. 14, at the Fort Mill Library. Discuss "Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Health and lifestyle training for teen girls, begins Tuesday, Jan. 20, at the Fort Mill YMCA. Presentations include body composition analysis, nutrition and skin care. Three-month program. Registration required. For more information and to register, call Karen at 548- 8020, ext. 259.
• Country, Bluegrass and Gospel Hall of Fame, awards show 6 p.m. Friday, Jan. 16, at Harrison United Methodist Church, 15008 Lancaster Hwy. Call 1-704-578-6496.
• Be-Bop to Hip-Hop, a live musical event for teens 6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 18, at the Children's Theatre of Charlotte. This entertainment and educational event is limited to 250 attendees. Call 704-973-2781 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Free safe boating course, begins 9 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 31, at the Fort Mill Library. Presented by the Catawba Sail and Power Squadron. Class will cover basic boat handling and seamanship. Contact Gene Stutz at 831-8252 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Van Blarcom at 548-5362 or email@example.com.
• Story time, 11 a.m. every Friday at SweeTreats on Market Street in Baxter Village.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.