Don't miss this!
Join the drum circle at BacInTyme on Confederate Street, Fort Mill, 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21. Enjoy a combo of South African and Native American music. Instruments available or bring your own. Later, at 7 p.m. Joe Collins performs. Call. 802-7155.
• Line dance classes, 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 19, at the Lancaster Moose Lodge, 200 Moose Drive, Lancaster. Sponsored by the Lancaster Shag Club. $2 per lesson. Call Shirley Hunter at 803-285-1820.
• Live theater, "The Fantasticks" will be presented by the Fort Mill Community Playhouse, 615 Banks St., Fort Mill, Feb. 19-28. Showtime is 7:30 p.m. except for the 3 p.m. Sunday matinee. For ticket information, visit www.fortmillplayhouse.org or Crossings at Main in downtown Fort Mill. For more information, call 548-8102 or send an e-mail to FMCPTIX@yahoo.com.
• Lunch and Learn, at the Fort Mill Y 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 19. The Carolina Copy Cats will entertain with new costumes, music and dancers. The public is invited. Bring your lunch. Sides and drinks provided. Call 548-8020.
• See "Seussical," 7 p.m. Feb. 19-21 and 3 p.m. Feb. 22 at Nation Ford High School. Tickets at the door are $10 for adults and $8 for students and children. Tickets are also available online for $12 and $10 at http://nfhs.tix.com.
• Free self defense course for women, 9-11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, at the Glennon Community Center (lower level), at Tega Cay Golf Club. For more information, visit www.ReconFitnessAdventures.com.
• Get some barbecue, baked good and more 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, at Indian Land Masonic Lodge 414, 9130 Charlotte Hwy. (Hwy. 521). Chicken and pork plates for $7, whole chickens for $7, half chickens for $4 and pork for $7 a pound. Eat in or take out. Call 547-4933 to place advance order.
• "Inherit the Wind," presented by the Community Playhouse of Lancaster County Feb. 20-28 in Stevens Auditorium on the USC Lancaster Campus, 476 Hubbard Drive, Lancaster. All shows are 8 p.m. with the exception of a 3 p.m. matinee Sunday, Feb. 11. For tickets call 803-285-7451 or visit www.lancasterplayhouse.com or send an e-mail to email@example.com
• Barbecue and silent auction, to benefit the 12U SC Storm 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 20, at the Field Trial Barn off Springfield Parkway in Fort Mill. Proceeds will help the team get to Cooperstown, N.Y., to play in the Field of Dreams Tournament.
• Learn to shag, and line dance with the Lake Wylie Shag Club 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24, at Checkers off Hwy. 160 West , Fort Mill. Free. visit www.lakewylieshagclub.com.
• Country/gospel/bluegrass concert, featuring Jamie Tolley 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 22, at Philadelphia United Methodist Church, 1691 Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. Free, but a love offering will be accepted.
• Home school art lessons with Jett, Monday mornings at 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. at the Fort Mill Y. Two groups for kids: 6-8 years old and 9-11 years old. Classes begin Feb. 23. Call Shelli at 548-8020, ext. 259.
• Beginner adult crochet classes at the Y begins Tuesday, Feb. 24. 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays or Thursdays. Call 548-8020, ext. 259.
• Donkey basketball, a fundraiser for the Indian Land Athletic Booster Club, will be held 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 27, at the Indian Land High School Gym. Advance tickets are $5 for students and $7 for adults. $8 and $10 at the door. Call Mike Mayer at 548-9452 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free safe boating course begins 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 28, at the Fort Mill Library. This class will cover basic boat handling and seamanship. Contact Jim Van Blarcom at 548-5362 or email@example.com.