Don't miss this!
Spring Sting Festival will take place 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, March 28, at Gold Hill Elementary School, 1000 Dave Gibson Blvd., Tega Cay. Enjoy a petting zoo, pony rides, inflatables, games, Jeep rides, auction items, face painting, food and more!
Tickets available at the door. $20 for wristbands , $5 for children 4 and younger, or get a game punch card for $5.
• Peter Pan, performed by the Fort Mill High School Choral Department March 26-31 at the FMHS auditorium. Performances will be at 7 p.m. except for a 3 p.m. Sunday matinee. Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for students and can be purchased online until two days before the show for a small convenience fee. Tickets will also be available at the door the day of the show on a first-come, first-serve basis. The school is also collecting canned goods at the door for the Fort Mill Care Center. Visit www.fortmillchorus.com.
• Get some barbecue, and help Girls on The Run 10 a.m. Friday, March 27, at Peachtree Plaza (Bi-Lo shopping center) on Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. $7 for plate and all the fixins, plus a cookie. Pre-order and arrange delivery for 10 or more plates. Call 802-7210 or visit www.gotrtricountysc.org.
• The York County Library bookmobile, will be at the Tega Cay Community Center, 1 Molokai Drive, 1:45-2:30 p.m. Friday, March 27.
• Easter Beauty Pageant, to benefit local charities 10 a.m. Saturday, March 28, at The Plaza Hotel across from Carowinds, 225 Carowinds Boulevard, Fort Mill. For more information, call 803-554-5219 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Magic of Music, runs until March 26 at the Fort Mill Public Library. Children in grades three to five can enjoy an afternoon of musical activities. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Line dance classes, sponsored by the Lancaster Shag Club resume 7 p.m. Thursday, March 26, at the Lancaster Moose Lodge, 200 Moose Dr., Lancaster. Call Shirley Hunter at 803-285-1820 or visit www.lancastershagclub.com.
• Cole Bros. Circus of the Stars, 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, March 30-31 at Knights Stadium. Hosted by the Fort Mill School District Band Boosters. Call 1-800-796-5672.
• Learn jewelry making, 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, March 31, at the Art Mill on Main Street, Fort Mill. Other upcoming classes include adult drawing, "Get to Know Your Digital Camera" and pastel landscapes. For more information, visit www.fortmillartguild.com/classes/classes.htm
• Easter Musical, "I've Seen Jesus...Encountering the Risen Christ" 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, April 3-4 at Tega Cay Baptist Church. Free.
• Annual Spring Pick-Me-Up, sponsored by the Tega Cay Beautification Committee, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, March 28. Volunteers should meet at Pitcairn park at 9 a.m. for work locations. Volunteers need gloves, rakes, loppers, pruning shears, etc. Workers will be treated to a picnic lunch at the park between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m.
• Preschool Story time, 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3 to 5 year-olds and their caregivers.
• Fort Mill Art Guild classes, include drawing, watercolor, pastel and oil paintings and more. Visit www.fortmillartguild.com.
• Story time, 11 a.m. every Friday at SweeTreats on Market Street in Baxter Village.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call 803-285-1502.
• Preschool story time at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Library for kids aged 3 to 5 and their caregivers. Call 547-4114.
• Guitar lessons, at the Leroy Springs Recreation Center. Start from the basics and build from there. $96/member, $106/nonmember; Four, one-hour sessions per month. Call 547-4575.
• Learn karate, for self defense, sport, fitness and fun at the Leroy Springs Recreation Center. Times vary.