Don't miss this!
Snakes Alive! a program about reptiles featuring two live pet snakes, 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Saturday, April 25, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway Nature Center. For more information, call 547-0234 or 548-7252.
• River Ramblers: Landsford Canal, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, April 25. Geologist Irene Boland, natural history curator Steve Fields and historian Michael Scoggins will introduce participants to the natural and cultural history of the area. Wear clothing appropriate for moderate hiking, bring bag lunch, water and sunscreen. Meet at the Museum of York County. Must be 18 or older to participate due to van restrictions. $20 for museum members, $25 for non-members. Register by contacting Barbara Ardrey, 981-9182 or email@example.com.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Saving SweeTreats, several bands will be performing at the shop on Market Street in Baxter 7-10 p.m. Friday, April 24. Come on down, enjoy live music, ice cream and good times as the community rallies to help SweeTreats stay in business.
• Master Gardners plant sale, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, April 25, at the Museum of York County Earth Day Birthday celebration. Featured are plants grown by the Master Gardeners.
• Jewelry swap, 7-9 p.m. Monday, April 27, at The Art Mill, lower Main Street, Fort Mill. Bring your old jewelry and swap, barter or sell. Refreshments will be served. Suggested $10 donation to the Fort Mill Art Guild. For more information, visit www.fortmillartguild.com
• Live Theater, "Don't Tell Mother" directed by Elaine Roberts is the latest Drama and Dessert Fort Mill Community Playhouse production. Performances begin 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 30, at the playhouse, 615 Banks St., Fort Mill. For more information, visit www.fortmillplayhouse.org or call 548-8102.
• Movie night, the Fort Mill YMCA and Eternal Church will present the movie "Fireproof" 6:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday, May 2. Couples are invited to come and enjoy an evening of dinner, movie and discussion on how to strengthen and improve their marriage. Childcare will be provided. Registration is required. $30 member couple with 3 children/ $40 non-members. For more information, the Fort Mill YMCA at 548-8020.
• Springfest, the official Town of Fort Mill spring event, is in its second year at Walter Elisha Park, North White Street, Fort MIll, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, May 2. Live music, comedy and other entertainment, games, food, arts and crafts, drum circle and much more. Visit www.fortmillspringfest.com.
• Chair-ity, a creative and fun event at the Art Mill, 213 Main Street, Fort Mill, Saturday, May 16. Decorate a chair, stool, etc., that will be sold at silent auction. Prizes for winners. Everyone encouraged to enter. Family fun. For more information, call 548-3159 or visit www.fortmillartguild.com
• St. Philip Neri's Italian Festival kicks off 5 p.m. Thursday, May 14,with a "grown-ups evening out" at the church on Munn Road, Fort Mill, featuring live opera and homemade Italian dishes and more. A new event this year is a wine tasting presented by festival partner Grapevine in the gated patio on Church grounds. Don't miss the "Italian Idol" talent finals from 1-3 p.m. Sunday, May 16, For more information, visit www.saintphilipneriitalianfest.org.
• Pinetuckett in concert, homegrown bluegrass 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 8, at Andrew Jackson Park amphitheater, Lancaster. $2 adults; $1.25 seniors; 15 and younger free. For more information, call 803-285-3344 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Preschool Story time, 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3 to 5 year-olds and their caregivers.
• Fort Mill Art Guild classes, include drawing, watercolor, pastel and oil paintings and more. Visit www.fortmillartguild.com.